• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations

8-5-8

Zarkin' Frood
Making room in the humidor for another box purchase, and got my eye on some ISOM's. I was leaning towards some Monte #4's, but with my limited experience with ISOM's, I'm seeking any recommendations you guys might have. I'm looking for a medium to heavy bodied cigar, around 5"-6" or so, with a ring anywhere from 42-60 (my preference is for larger rings, but I like 'em all). Any suggestions?

I'm just a newb, but from the one I've had I'd say the Monte #4 was not something I'd consider medium-heavy bodied. It was a great cigar, but not heavy at all. Now, that is based on smoking just one of them, so I may have gotten a non-representative example.

I'll leave it to the more experienced to make other suggestions for you (or call me an idiot and tell you to get the #4s :p ).

If you want a full bodied cigar, can't go wrong with the Bolivar Belicoso Finos. Medium bodied, go with either PSP2 or PSD4.

The monte #4 has both feet firmly planted in "medium." It would be hard to describe it as medium-full. Having said that, it is a nice cigar. A similar cigar would be the Diplomatico #4. What I like better about the Diplos is that it is much easier to find a box with 3-5 years of age, or so I've heard.

JK

Yup the Bolivar Belicosos Finos is a great cigar but i'd prefer Diplomaticos nr. 2. It's a bit bigger than the Bolivar, but it' has more flavor IMO

Vegas Robaina Famosos

RASS / RASCC

SLR A's (more on the medium side, but still very nice)

You may prefer a Montecristo #2 over a #4 , considering your preferences.

Punch Super Selection 2

Punch Punch

Punch Royal Selection 11

Cohiba Siglo III

Sancho Panza Belicoso

H. Upmann Mag 46
Juan Lopez Seleccion #2
Ramone Allones SS
VR Famosos

The Montecristo "C" EL is special :love: , eventually get around to giving it a try.

C&R

from the posts, i second the Cohiba Robusto, and the Siglo III :thumbs:

Upmann No. 2 or Sancho Panza Belicoso would both deliver what I think you're looking for.

There would only be one thing to add to the above. Consider the age of the cigars and if you want to try some now, personally I would recommend cigars that have box dates of more than 2 years. That is personal preference of course, but that could determine the outcome of the search since all of the cigars listed above are very nice.