• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Red Bull

During the time I lived there, Vodka and Red Bull was probably the most popular coctail served in Swedish bars.

I love sugar-free Red Bull...aside from being the name of my favorite MSL team, living in Vegas, it's the drug of choice for me. Now they come in larger cans so all I need is one at a time!

I prefer my energy drinks with vodka.

You ever read the label or talk to someone who works in an emergency room???

That shit is like Av Gas dude.

Yes I have read on this subject.

I also smoke cigars, which 'they' say will kill you.

Great article, thanks for posting it.

As for the cigar statement, when was the last time someone was admitted to an ER from an OD on cigars?

Come on, that's hardly a fair comparison. I don't think "Smoking Kills" labels on packs & boxes can hardly be placed in the same leage as "Do not mix with alcohol" right on the can.

I was joking with the previous post. As for the labels and the kids going to the hospital I'm only going to say this. I believe its mostly a hysteria response. You may disagree, that's fine. All I'm saying is I don't like to fall lock-step in with the media on things like this. The single article I could find online points to a possible related death in the UK way back in 01'. From then to about 05 you see plenty of "Red-Bull may cause death." articles all over the net. I just don't buy it.

The warning states: "Cautions: Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons or to be mixed with alcohol. Do not consume more than 500 mL per day."

and doctors warn "...of the dangers of mixing caffeine and alcohol in excessive quantities. "

Red Bull Wiki

Frankly, I'm more concerned about the concentration of alcohol I my drink then the much smaller amount of Taurine or Caffeine in my drink WITH my booze. Binge drinking anything can kill you (even water). I suspect the death was almost entirely to blame on the excess of the drinking. Maybe the articles should talk about the excessive use of alcohol and red bull than just start a hysteria that will ripple in our media saturated pool of a world.

I appreciate you're concern over the issue though. However think I'm just not ready to give up the occasional Red bull or Monster and vodka I enjoy.

I hate the taste... don't mind the energy bump.

Has anyone tried the Thai version?
It comes in glass bottles, is more concentrated and has no carbonation.
It's almost like cough syrup.
Take one small ice bucket full of ice, dump in red bull, dump in small bottle of Thai rum (Sang Som) or Thai whiskey (Sang Thip) and mixer (Sprite, soda, or Cola). Add straws for up to 4 people. Empty bucket!

frigador1.jpg

I do like the Red Bull refrigerators!

-Rob

Reminds me of a song called Siobhan by "The Tossers" an Irish/Punk/Rock band out of Chicago. Look down at the bottom ofthe page to see who submitted those lyrics to the site. :laugh:

Here's the Chorus:
Siobhan is on the whiskey, Siobhan is on the gin,
Siobhan is drinking Red Bull and Vodka and won’t be home again.
I stay up late here every night, although it is no sin,
Siobhan is on the whiskey and she won’t be home again.

For someone who doesn't drink coffee(can't stand the taste) I drink XS. you get this red bull size can and it tastes soooo much better. Plus there are like 6 flavors and each one has the same amount of caffine as a cup of coffee, little or no carbs and most have no sugar. But if I don't have one handy then it's iced tea and dr. pepper for me :D

Greetings! I recently asked my doctor if it would be all right for me to use energy drinks. He said, "absolutely not!" Especially people with any heart condition should definitely avoid using any type of energy drink. Also, some energy drinks may contain Ginseng, a powerful Chinese medicine. These are not good, especially for a person who is taking prescription medications. It is probably a good idea to forget about the energy drinks, and invest your money in a good multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplement, and drink fruit juices! Energy drinks cost too much money anyway, for what you are getting. Regards, knightlaird