• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Redsox vs Yankees

Let's see, 2.5 games up with 6 to go. Now 1 game up with 3 to go. The intersection of that curve means no playoffs for Boston......getting back to normal right Doc. :whistling:

Let's see, 2.5 games up with 6 to go. Now 1 game up with 3 to go. The intersection of that curve means no playoffs for Boston......getting back to normal right Doc. :whistling:
If it goes true to form, They tie and lose in a one game playoff on a home run in the 9th inning by someone who normally doesn't hit it out of the infield.

Doc

Well 161 games down and the Sox post season all comes down to 1... well 2 if the Sox win and the Rays lose we will play in October... other way around Rays are in the post season and we are hitting the golf course early this year... If it ties we have a tie breaker set for Thursday in "The Trop" at 4:00. Lets hope we dont let it go to Thursday.

Come on Soxs Get this shit done!!!

Yanks we need you to kick some Ray ass tonight PLEASE!!!

Paul

Reported! Rooting for the Yankees is unacceptable under any circumstances.

i gotta go with doc on this paul if the tables were turned i would not be saying go yanks go sox

i gotta go with doc on this paul if the tables were turned i would not be saying go yanks go sox

If I had a loaded gun at my head I wouldn't say "Go Red Sox"

The Red Sox suck...whether I'm sitting in Fenway, my family room, a friends house, or Yankee Stadium ;)

Yes Paul, even if it means missing the playoffs...us Yankee fans will NEVER root for them!...and Doc feels the same way in reverse!

The fact that the Yanks are resting guys and losing to the Rays makes it even sweeter as we watch you guys squirm! :laugh:

O I hear you guys loud and clear I am in no way jumping and cheering for the yankees. I am simply asking ever so nicely to just win this one game... I will never clap for the yankees. There is just something about the post season that is so much more exciting if the sox and yanks square off. All in all we will just have to see what tonight brings. I hope you all enjoy the night of baseball weather you are a yankees fan or a sox fan.

GO SOX!

And for old time sake... may be the last time we get to chant it this season all you Soxs fans say it with me...

YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!

p.s. yes Gary I know the yankees are in the post season and we are not...lol

Have a good night guys

Paul

Well 161 games down and the Sox post season all comes down to 1... well 2 if the Sox win and the Rays lose we will play in October... other way around Rays are in the post season and we are hitting the golf course early this year... If it ties we have a tie breaker set for Thursday in "The Trop" at 4:00. Lets hope we dont let it go to Thursday.

Come on Soxs Get this shit done!!!

Yanks we need you to kick some Ray ass tonight PLEASE!!!

Paul
You begged. Nuff said.

Doc.

Along with sucking, the yankees are disgraceful. Arod is a rat faced fraud steriod enhanced empire pile of excrement. They are posers of the highest degree and proof that the integrity of baseball has been comprimised since 1919 til right around 2003.

The Yankees have no equal to the Jimmy Fund. They have championships- not humanity. No care , no heart, just cold metal rings. The yankees have the most expensive seat in baseball. The new york yankees give the term yankee a bad name. The last time I went to new york I witnessed more crime than I have in the rest of my life! I didn't go to Columbia because it was in new york and I will never go back!!

I saw a t-shirt that said, "you can take your 27 championships and shove 'em up your ass!"

Go Sox!

Along with sucking, the yankees are disgraceful. Arod is a rat faced fraud steriod enhanced empire pile of excrement. They are posers of the highest degree and proof that the integrity of baseball has been comprimised since 1919 til right around 2003.

The Yankees have no equal to the Jimmy Fund. They have championships- not humanity. No care , no heart, just cold metal rings. The yankees have the most expensive seat in baseball. The new york yankees give the term yankee a bad name. The last time I went to new york I witnessed more crime than I have in the rest of my life! I didn't go to Columbia because it was in new york and I will never go back!!

I saw a t-shirt that said, "you can take your 27 championships and shove 'em up your ass!"

Go Sox!

Funny shirt my brother in-law has a shirt he wears whenever the Sox play the Yanks and it has a picture of Jesus and says "Jesus hates the Yankees"

I love the smell of Fenway in the morning.

It smells like envy.

...so what does that make Manny when he helped the Red Sox win the World Series in 2004? You Know, the MVP of the World Series as the Red Sox won their first title since 1918. Let's not discuss the classy way he departed Boston....did you mention "disgraceful"?

Let's not talk about integrity either..... I used to sit in Fenway and listened to Red Sox fans shout racial slurs for 9 innings at Mo Vaughn, the RED SOX FIRST BASEMAN!...yeah, real classy.

The Yankees have no equal to the Jimmy Fund.

New York Yankees
Yankee Foundation: Founded in 1973, the New York Yankees Foundation, Inc. donates funds in excess of 2 million dollars yearly for educational and recreational programs for youth organizations throughout New York. The Yankees also operate the New York Yankees Tampa Foundation, Inc., which is located at their Spring Training home.
Source: MLB.com

New York Yankees Tampa Foundation
. Purpose: To support youth sports and non-profit organizations
. Revenue (2008-09): $1.3 million (mostly from Yankees fantasy baseball camp fees)
. Expenses: $1 million (about $600,000 paid in grants, $104,000 for holiday children's concert, $27,000 for a coaches banquet, plus about $269,000 to host the fantasy camp)
Gold Shield Foundation
. Purpose: To provide aid and educational assistance to families of police and firefighters killed in the line of duty
. Revenue (2008-09): $119,859, mostly from investments
. Expenses: $107,887
Steinbrenner Family Foundation
. Revenue (2008): $200,000 from George Steinbrenner
. Grant: $200,000 to Massachusetts Institute of Technology athletics
Source: Internal Revenue Service filings

Just to name a few...Oh, BTW....where was Jimmy V born? :laugh: New York Baby! .

They have championships- not humanity. No care , no heart, just cold metal rings.

TRUE...27 of them!

The yankees have the most expensive seat in baseball.

TRUE again!

MLB Ticket Prices & Rankings
RankTeam Average PriceOh, BTW, the Red Sox charge those prices for a 100yo, POS stadium...Yankees charge what they do for a brand new Billion dollar Palace!

The last time I went to new york I witnessed more crime than I have in the rest of my life!

Better check the per capita stats on that one!....http://en.wikipedia....s_by_crime_rate

I didn't go to Columbia because it was in new york and I will never go back!!

...your lose, not NYC's!

....and that's because the entire State of Massachusetts and the city of Boston is jealous.....and at the pace you guys win, won't match the number of Yankees Championships in 876 years! Print all the negative tee shirts you want losers! The only thing worst than printing them are the jerks that wear them!

Go Sox! GO YANKS!....fixed it for ya' ;)
See above.... :laugh:

and to put some icing on the cake at this time the redsox were only leading by one run against a pitcher who is 14-0 against baltimore, there is still time for the bosox to lose where as the yanks are leading7-2 in the eigth

so long good bye go home and cry some more
your season has ended and we knew it in aug

now lets wait for some real base in a couple days when yankee's playoff start

The Redsox that we all know and love.

So that's that Sox lose and that Rays win in an extremely dramatic fashion. Congrats to the Rays, Yanks and all other teams entering the post season. Good luck to you guys and enjoy.

One good thing about this is that I don't need to worry about finding a tv to watch any Soxs games in Mexico in 2 weeks! lol

Paul