• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Remote Digital Hygrometer on Clearance at Target

Anyone know the accuracy of these units?

I bought one that came with a sensor, then bought two extra sensors that are different to the original set. They work great just haven't tested them for accuracy.

Brian

I salt tested all my devices and they are all within 1% of the real RH%.

These suckers are steady and dependable.

Darren

salt testing mine right now. i gotta say, for everything this does, unit is hard to beat.

Darren

Darren,

When you say you salt tested all your devices, did you stick all the sensors in one bag with a cap full of salt and a few drops of water? Could you elaborate on the method you used?

I did a salt test about four times in the past two weeks. Only once, did I achieve getting the bag fogged up and condensated and had the sensor up to 99%, but then after 24 hours, it leveled to 78%.

I'd like to get the testing accurate in the bag so I can properly judge my sensor accuracy.

salt testing mine right now. i gotta say, for everything this does, unit is hard to beat.
after a 36hr salt test...mine read 74%. i am happy with this result, the unit is top notch.

Holyoke, MA Target ... :(
Enfield, CT Target ... :(
Farmington, CT Target ... :(

No mas, I give up!

I test one at a time. I don't do the "salt in the cap" way that many do. I had purchased a premade salt test - I think the name was Humidipak or some such thing (forgot where I got it from) and that tester was good for several months.

What I did was test one sensor at a time for at least 24 hours. All of them read 74%.

Hope that helps,
Darren

Darren

Darren,

When you say you salt tested all your devices, did you stick all the sensors in one bag with a cap full of salt and a few drops of water? Could you elaborate on the method you used?

I did a salt test about four times in the past two weeks. Only once, did I achieve getting the bag fogged up and condensated and had the sensor up to 99%, but then after 24 hours, it leveled to 78%.

I'd like to get the testing accurate in the bag so I can properly judge my sensor accuracy.

Fellow CPers, I checked one of the Target's, and they were already out. I'm going to the one near work today. If there are any extras, I'll PM those who requested.

I'd be sad to actually get one of these, as the best part of my day is popping the lid on the humi and seeing how the kids are resting :p