• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Responsibility of the FOG's.

Matt R said:
there are still those people who live to hear themselves talk, or type in this instance. :)
[snapback]299344[/snapback]​

What'd I tell ya'. LOL! :rolleyes:

The Master said:
Matt, I would sit down with you anytime and smoke a cigar. Yes we have had some issues in the past,but as you, I never took it personally and have always respected your opinion. People can disagree,there is nothing wrong with it. But taking it too far and trying to gather support to lynch someone over a disagreement is not cool. Lynchings should be reserved for bad traders et al.
[snapback]299356[/snapback]​

Harris, did you and Matt get it on in your Lanai while I was away or something? :)

Seriously tho, well-said by both of you.

Master and Mat R great post. A lot of times I think problems occur from bad comunications someone posts something someone reads it perhaps misinterpets it then reacts by going into defensive attack mode. It is often dificult to just read something digest it and decide what to reply or if you should reply for some reason on forums people wear their emotions on thier keyboards. This is a fine community and believe it or not some of these outbursts is what makes this a fine community due to the fact in a lot of cases people find thier way to forgiving each other. I tend to read a lot and not reply much and avoid the conflicts even when i have an opinion my thinking is to let the people involved sort it out because my best intentions may just fan the flames. This community has tons of knowledge stored on the board and with members particularly when the going gets tough someone will step up and turn the lights on and say wake up. this is the only board I belong to I have gone to other boards as a guest and some of the stuff is outrageous would not want to be a member. So to all of you that make this a great place to be thank you

Dale

So you basically don't have any particular person in mind who was lynched without cause, eh rat?

NA

SamClemmons said:
So you basically don't have any particular person in mind who was lynched without cause, eh rat?

NA
[snapback]299586[/snapback]​

Nobody in mind. :laugh:

kiltedcraftsman said:
Master, Matt- Great Posts!! Well stated on both parts.

I made the mistake yesterday of going to some other boards that are frequented by what appears to be several members of CP. I say mistake because I read a lot of things that really got to me; members of CP that spoke differently there than they do here. Things that I would consider contradictory to eachother. Flat out hypocrisy in some cases.

At this point, I'm not sure I know a lot of you like I thought I did. I am starting to see where Matty V is coming from. I hope it changes soon.. ???
[snapback]299373[/snapback]​

My first look through brought me to the same conclusion. Looking again, I don't see that much difference. What I do see is quite a bit of overlap in membership. I see mostly that those with something sharp to say here say it there as well. I also see a few "nanny nanny boo boo, CP is full of asshats" name callers who I can't relate to a member here, one or two that I can. In fairness, I've seen a few negative references to other boards here.

I think what caused me to agree with you on the first pass was the number of overlapers who fell in with the name callers. Its human nature to fall in with the group you're currently with. I think what got me was those who had little or nothing to say here that were vocal elsewhere.

NullSmurf said:
kiltedcraftsman said:

I made the mistake yesterday of going to some other boards that are frequented by what appears to be several members of CP. I say mistake because I read a lot of things that really got to me; members of CP that spoke differently there than they do here. Things that I would consider contradictory to eachother. Flat out hypocrisy in some cases.

At this point, I'm not sure I know a lot of you like I thought I did. I am starting to see where Matty V is coming from. I hope it changes soon.. ???

My first look through brought me to the same conclusion. Looking again, I don't see that much difference. What I do see is quite a bit of overlap in membership. I see mostly that those with something sharp to say here say it there as well. I also see a few "nanny nanny boo boo, CP is full of asshats" name callers who I can't relate to a member here, one or two that I can. In fairness, I've seen a few negative references to other boards here.

I think what caused me to agree with you on the first pass was the number of overlapers who fell in with the name callers. Its human nature to fall in with the group you're currently with. I think what got me was those who had little or nothing to say here that were vocal elsewhere.
[snapback]299635[/snapback]​

That was my point...to an extent.

Great King Rat said:
SamClemmons said:

NA

[snapback]299602[/snapback]​

Please don't go changing your posts, Rat - it looks suspicious.

If you have something useful to add to the discussion - do it. If you are pissed off and are grinding an axe, walk away. And then changing a post after you've made it lends to the kind of credibility you have...

kiltedcraftsman said:
NullSmurf said:
kiltedcraftsman said:

[snapback]299638[/snapback]​

To what board and to whom are you guys referring to? Just curious.

Edited to add a question mark instead of a period, duh.

For being newbies, you guys sure do know a whole hell of a lot about what the responsibilities of the FOG's are. :rolleyes:

Sticking your nose where it doesn't belong has got many a newbie one of those "undeserved" lynchings......

tdog said:
kiltedcraftsman said:
NullSmurf said:
kiltedcraftsman said:

[snapback]299638[/snapback]​

To what board and to whom are you guys referring to? Just curious.

Edited to add a question mark instead of a period, duh.
[snapback]299650[/snapback]​

I'm not about to go listing names. Suffice it to say there are other cigar boards out there with members in common. If you are curious or want further explanation, do your research.

ggiese said:
Great King Rat said:
SamClemmons said:

NA

If you have something useful to add to the discussion - do it. If you are pissed off and are grinding an axe, walk away. And then changing a post after you've made it lends to the kind of credibility you have...
[snapback]299649[/snapback]​

He misspelled a word…that’s all. :laugh:

bchem said:
For being newbies, you guys sure do know a whole hell of a lot about what the responsibilities of the FOG's are. :rolleyes:

Sticking your nose where it doesn't belong has got many a newbie one of those "undeserved" lynchings......
[snapback]299654[/snapback]​
You make a good point…err…newbie. :D

Fog's responsibilities include reminding newbies to read more, like in this thread for example, instead of jumping into grownup conversations that they know nothing about. If they do that more, There will be less hangings.

Edited because I think faster then I type.

cletus said:
[snapback]299685[/snapback]​

You might want to edit your edit because you think faster than you spell too. :p

It's nice to hear the grown-ups have a nice conversation. It's the 1st one all week. :thumbs: Thank you :D

And King Rat, If you would take your signature off I could have read this thread in a fraction of the time it took me. For some reason I get stuck on your post and it has nothing to do with what you say. ;)

elvergun said:
ggiese said:
Great King Rat said:
SamClemmons said:

NA

[snapback]299649[/snapback]​

He misspelled a word…that’s all. :laugh:
[snapback]299669[/snapback]​

Yep and it took him 14 minutes of close scrutiny to realize "Nobody", "in" and/or "mind" were misspelled... :rolleyes:

tdog said:
cletus said:

You might want to edit your edit because you think faster than you spell too. :p
[snapback]299709[/snapback]​

You want some of this, men.

cletus said:
tdog said:
cletus said:

[snapback]299709[/snapback]​

You want some of this, men.
[snapback]299732[/snapback]​

Oh yaeh!!!!