• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: Fighting Cock Robusto

bhaney

While browsing Cbid a few weeks back me and Faboolio ran across a brand of cigar called the Philipinas Fighting Cock. With a name like Fighting Cock you can imagine the jokes that ensued. Well, after weeks of constant jokes we finally broke down and bought a 10 pack. After a couple of weeks rest in the humidor we went out to the park at lunch yesterday and proceeded to put 2 of these to a flaming death.

Construction: The Fighting Cock was not very well put together. It was not very firm and had many veins running throughout the wrapper. It was double capped though.

Pre Light Nose and Draw: Pre-light nose was of straight tobacco. The pre-light draw was of cocoa and tobacco. Draw was tighter than I prefer to the point of being almost plugged.

The Smoke: Within a few seconds the torch had the end roasted and burning like a champ. The first couple of draws were harsh but then the smoke suprisingly mellowed out. The draw stayed tight but it was producing ample amounts of smoke. The taste was very nutty with hints of black pepper. The burn was almost dead even. I had to touch it up one time but other than that it burned pretty good. The finish was charred wood and lasted for quite a while.

Summary: I went into this smoke thinking, it is a Fighting Cock, it cant be any good. I was proved wrong though. I was not wowed, but I did not throw it down either. I would say this would be a good yard gar, or a golf smoke. Nothing to write home to mom about but it was pleasent. Smoke the Fighting Cock folks, you may be suprised.

Brandon

Nice review..........

I see these all the time and always joke to myself about the name :laugh:

bhaney said:
Construction: The Fighting Cock was not very well put together. It was not very firm and had many veins running throughout the wrapper. It was double capped though.
[snapback]201765[/snapback]​
So there you were, sitting in the park smoking a doubble capped limp cock huh? ???

I wouldn't put anything in my mouth with a name like "Fighting Cock". :laugh: :laugh: :sign:

I think I have a few in the humi that was gifted and I laugh everytime I see it. Never considered lighting it up. It's in the box that says don't open till 2020! As most of the cigars will need at least 10 years before they are even worthy of a light. I might move it to the 2010 box lol.

atuck said:
I wouldn't put anything in my mouth with a name like "Fighting Cock". :laugh:  :laugh:  :sign:
[snapback]202022[/snapback]​

Edited for obvious reasons....

atuck said:
I wouldn't put anything in my mouth with a name like "Fighting Cock". :laugh: :laugh: :sign:
[snapback]202022[/snapback]​
you stole my thought...nothing with that name in this mouth...nice review btw