• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: Ramon Allones Maestro

bhaney

I have had this one sitting in the humidor for about a month now and decided tonight was a good time to put the flame to this one.

Construction of this cigar was magnificant. It came wrapped in a cedar sleeve and then wrapped in celo. The CT broadleaf wrapper was silky smooth and had a few small light veins running the length of the cigar. The roll was nice and firm.

Prelight nose was of strong cedar. I clipped the end and took a few prelight draws. The cedar taste was very predominant mixed in was a little cocoa and earth. The draw was very very open. More so that I like but I could live with it.

I put the flame to this beauty and had it going in no time. The first draw was excellent. Very strong cedar taste with butter cream finish. There were some hints of cocoa and leather peeking in here and there. About 2 inches in the leather really began to come out. The cedar was still predominant but the leather was getting stronger. About 3.5 inches in the leather took a back seat to a strong black pepper taste. The cedar was still there but was losing strenght. The ash finally fell at the 3 inch mark and that was the one and only time I ashed the cigar. The pepper stayed till the end and the earth taste really moved towards the front. The butter cream finish stayed throughout. My local tobacconist told me this was a high powered cigar but I would have to rate it a medium bodied smoke with full flavor.

The burn was perfect on this cigar and never needed a touch up. I was impressed.

Overall I was extrememly impressed by this Dominican delight. The taste was excellent, the burn was perfect, the aroma was wonderfull. The draw was a little open for my liking but each draw produced mouthfulls of rich creamy smoke. I could not believe how much smoke this thing put off. I would definately recomend this smoke to anyone.

Brandon

Great review! :thumbs: I bought a box of these when this cigar was first released (2000, 2001??). Anyway, I sold a couple of 5'ers recently and kept the rest to smoke. I am starting to regret selling them. With the age on them, they have become so incredibly smooth. A really nice smoke for not a lot of money. I'm with you...I'll recommend these to almost anyone.

Have one fo these in the bottom of the Igloodor with about a year of age on it. Looking forward to lighting it up, and seeing how my rexiew matches up to yours!
:thumbs: