• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rh by feel

syrinx

Does anyone else pretty much ignore the accuracy of the hygro and just go by feel? I have a hygro or two in use that never were accurate enough to calibrate- so i use them as a warning if they start to drop off their marks.(one reads 90 at 68). I always go by feel though- I like a cigar that is just on the edge of a krinkle when you roll it between the fingers. In fact I tend to enjoy a bit of crinkle to one that is supple- generally the former will have a better burn. I love the feel of a supple cigar at the store- but I find long term storage at that state isn`t the best. So do your cigars "talk" a little when you squeeze them, or do you like them to be more resilient?

ya, i am finding myself relying less on hygro's.

there in nothing nicer than a bit of "spongy" feel or the "crackle" when you press on the wrapper and hold it to your ear.

really, the beads (vipers) are themselves a visual indicator of the state of the cigar... and what kinda moisture is present.

I only look at my hygro to make sure its not taking drastic drops. If it feels good and isn't having burn or draw issues, I don't care what the humidity is.

Yeah I also keep an eye on the hygro specifically for flucuations.If it stays at 68 for a few months I am happy,as for the accuracy,I take that with a grain of salt.

Back