• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rib Eye!

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Angus!
Cowboy Cut!

What else is there to say?

Tim

Man, Cowboy cut and slow cooked over indirect heat is the best. I don't mind slow cooking mine for 20 minutes that way and it comes out with the best 'medium' looking inside.

Any kind of seasoning ? All i use is coarse grind seasalt and black pepper ...

I cooked this last week, 6 min a side, and it was a perfect Med-Rare.

All i used was salt, and a garlic/pepper/basil blend.

AMAZING!

Tim

The "secret" is really good meat. With that, you don't need much seasoning at all. Sea salt, course ground black pepper, and some garlic. Don't overdo it....a little goes a long wiay.

I had the best steak of my life at a place ( 12oz NY sirloin) called Johnathan's in Ogunquit, Maine a couple of nights ago. The place isn't cheap but the food is outstanding. I recommend it highly if you're looking for an upscale restaurant on the S. Maine coast.

Doc

I like to sprinkle mine with some ginger, rub that in with soy sauce, and sprinkle it with a little freshly ground pepper before putting it on a 500º grill, 5 minutes per side. Never fails to absolutely rock. :thumbs:

At La Reata up in Fort Worth once, I had a huge bone-in buffalo ribeye that went to a whole new level of awesome. That was SOME steak!

~Boar

The "secret" is really good meat. With that, you don't need much seasoning at all. Sea salt, course ground black pepper, and some garlic. Don't overdo it....a little goes a long wiay.

This can not be stressed enough. You need to learn to pick good cuts of meat and depending on the type/cut how to properly cook and serve it. Most people fail to realize how good an asset your local butcher can be.

I like to get the heat up as high as I can and cook it about 6 min on one side, 3 on the other. Salt, pepper, and I'm good.

Agreed - quality meat and the minimum of seasoning for a cut like this. On Rib Eyes I use just a little coarse ground sea salt and black pepper. On less fatty/flavorful cuts I'll often rub in a little quality EVOO