• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RIP Prince

bluue13

Wow. Just wow on this one. 57 years young.

Truly an innovator and pioneer in the field. I can't believe it.

Kept hoping it would be a hoax, or someone jumping the gun. But it looks like it's confirmed.

Whether you like pop music or not, he was an absolute musical genius.

Beat the 27 jinx of my generations musical geniuses but 57 is still too damn young. Prince was truly a Renaissance man not only playing and singing almost everything on his albums but writing for others. Manic Monday for the Bangles, Sugarwalls for Sheena E, Nothing Compares 2 U for Sinead O'Conner and dozens of others. His Superbowl show was and still is probably the best ever.

RIP, Heaven Truly is having one of the ultimate jam sessions ever.

Being a snooty punk rock kid during the 80s, I wouldn't dare ever publicly admit to liking anything by Prince back then. That being said, I had three of his albums and listen to them a lot. His stuff still comes up regularly in my random playlist rotation. It's sad to hear that he died so young.

I remember as a kid taking my sisters Prince records and playing them, while recording them to tape so I could bop around the hood with my boom box thinking I was cool.

The other soloist is Marc Maron the comedian. It is said that the Prince solo was the best in the Rock Hall of Fame jams to date. (that is where the above clip comes from)

Beat the 27 jinx of my generations musical geniuses but 57 is still too damn young. Prince was truly a Renaissance man not only playing and singing almost everything on his albums but writing for others. Manic Monday for the Bangles, Sugarwalls for Sheena E, Nothing Compares 2 U for Sinead O'Conner and dozens of others. His Superbowl show was and still is probably the best ever.

This. I never paid much attention to him or Purple Rain while I was growing up but now realizing the depth of his song writing prowlers I have to admit my ignorance. RIP.

I was single and clubbing through most of my twenties . . . watched a lot of MTV back when it was actually videos. Prince's music filled a lot of dance floors back in the day. Sex and electricity and that greasy rhythm.

He was one of those that I might not buy an entire album, but would always stop to listen to and always loved it when his songs came on. Sheer brilliance and not like anyone else ever. Brought the funk to all us white boys, too.

Same age as me. Some things just knock the wind right out of you.

~Boar

A rock icon for sure and he'll be missed.

I've listened to his stuff here and there years on and off, and just haven't really ever been a fan. I can respect the talent and what he's done for the industry and music as a whole, but it's just not my bag.

Regardless, I get it, RIP.

I've watched that Hall of Fame video before and I've watched it twice since it was posted. The dude loved making music, watch him smile during his part. Great talent, gone way too soon.