• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RMRCigar.com 601 Cigar Clearance

RMRCigar

RMRCigar.com is offering up to 65% off 601 cigars--no coupon code needed!

Receive a FREE PUNCH SAMPLER with the purchase of any box of Punch Cigars.
Includes 4 cigars, metal smoker box for your grill, $100 cash card from Char-Broil.

Receive a FREE EXCALIBUR SAMPLER with the purchase of any box of Excalibur cigars.
Includes 4 cigars, Excalibur Hat Clip & Ball Marker, and a $10 cash card from Golfsmith.

RMRCigar.com is offering up to 65% off 601 cigars--no coupon code needed!

Receive a FREE PUNCH SAMPLER with the purchase of any box of Punch Cigars.
Includes 4 cigars, metal smoker box for your grill, $100 cash card from Char-Broil.

Receive a FREE EXCALIBUR SAMPLER with the purchase of any box of Excalibur cigars.
Includes 4 cigars, Excalibur Hat Clip & Ball Marker, and a $10 cash card from Golfsmith.

65% off what price?

Go to their site,the link is on the OP.
The prices listed there.

They posted the prices before and after the discount so I dont see what is the problem.
The question should be whether the MSRP is truly MSRP?
BTW its up to 65% not 65%.

They posted the prices before and after the discount so I dont see what is the problem.
Is it just me or does the picture a few posts up read "Over" 65% off?

Jepe, please hold on tight.

601 Black Habano Connecticut Toro 108.50 is 33% off of 161.20 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $56.42
601 Black Connecticut Robusto Cigars 99.75 is 33% off of 148.00 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $51.80
601 Red Habano Toro 99.25 is 31% off of 142 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $49.70
601 Green Habano Oscuro La Punta 119.50 is 33% off of 178 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $62.30
601 Green Habano Oscuro Trabuco 133.73.3 is 33% off of 199.60 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $69.86

See, when something is 65% off, that means you only pay 35% of the retail price. None are these are even close to 50%, let alone 65%.
What is true is that you are paying over 65% OF msrp, which... is a silly way to advertise a sale.

What you are not seeing is that this ad is an outright lie, not just deceptive, but a complete fallacy.

Jepe, please hold on tight.

601 Black Habano Connecticut Toro 108.50 is 33% off of 161.20 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $56.42
601 Black Connecticut Robusto Cigars 99.75 is 33% off of 148.00 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $51.80
601 Red Habano Toro 99.25 is 31% off of 142 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $49.70
601 Green Habano Oscuro La Punta 119.50 is 33% off of 178 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $62.30
601 Green Habano Oscuro Trabuco 133.73.3 is 33% off of 199.60 65% off msrp would give a sale price of $69.86

See, when something is 65% off, that means you only pay 35% of the retail price. None are these are even close to 50%, let alone 65%.
What is true is that you are paying over 65% OF msrp, which... is a silly way to advertise a sale.

What you are not seeing is that this ad is an outright lie, not just deceptive, but a complete fallacy.

I cant argue with that :thumbs:

I agree that the math is wrong. It seems they are close to 65% OF the stated regular price but that is not the same as 65% OFF the regular price. Maybe the extra "F" is a typo? :D

Prices aren't too bad. I have no experience with this retailer, though. Has anyone else?

Edit to add: 65% off retail would be below cost as most manufacturers sell at 50% of retail to their retailers.

I agree that the math is wrong. It seems they are close to 65% OF the stated regular price but that is not the same as 65% OFF the regular price. Maybe the extra "F" is a typo? :D

Prices aren't too bad. I have no experience with this retailer, though. Has anyone else?

Edit to add: 65% off retail would be below cost as most manufacturers sell at 50% of retail to their retailers.

This is not always true. And there is no way that extra F is a typo.

Looks as though this same "deal" is on a couple other forums. However, on these other forums, this user's name is NMM3916. Funny thing about usernames as unique as that... it's pretty easy to find out what other stuff these people "offer."

NMM3916 posting the same "free shipping" offer which was RMR's first post here:
http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/13191-RMRCigar.com-Free-Shipping?p=150715#post150715

NMM3916 posting this "deal" on 2 other forums:
http://www.cigarutopia.com/cu-forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17236&posts=1
http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/13225-RMR-Cigar-601-Clearance?p=151251#post151251
(these last guys can do math, too)

Now, the funny thing. Back in November, NMM3916 shared this tidbit:
posted: Nov. 10, 2009 @ 12:58p

When I was putting an order in for my husband on RMR Cigar's site, one of the reps told me they were giving away a FREE humidor and cigar punch when u make a purchase of $75. It starts at 6am on the 27th. Just log on to their site and contact a rep, she gave me a link but i forgot it
Interesting...

And the very next day, NMM3916 registered at another cigar forum:
All about Nmm3916

Total posts: 0
[0.00% of total / 0.00 posts per day]
Find all posts by Nmm3916
http://www.cigarzilla.net/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1149&sid=08f0b8f705ca3ac9319ea70bd7df7295

And also on the 11th, they made this claim at yet another forum:
RMRCigar.com launched recently, and we wanted to introduce ourselves to the community and tell you a little bit about what distinguishes RMRCigar.com from other online retailers. RMR Cigar was born from the premise that we would deliver unparalleled attention to quality and service, sparing no expense to meet these ends. We house our cigars in a state of the art cooler that has been engineered and designed specifically for cigar storage to maintain the perfect temperature and humidity. Your cigars never leave the humidor until they are ready to be shipped. All of our shipments are meticulously packed, using 2 bags and a distilled water humidification device to maintain freshness during the shipping process. We use air pillows in transport (instead of those aggravating peanuts) which ensures your package to arrive to you in perfect condition. Our tagline is “A PASSION FOR PREMIUM” and that’s all you’ll find at RMR Cigar—premium cigars and accessories. We’d like to offer a 10% discount on your first order. Simply type 1Buy into the coupon code text box at checkout to receive your discount.
http://www.cigarsmoking.info/threads/12532-RMRCigar.com-New-cigar-site

I'm interested if we can get some of that "unparalleled attention to quality and service" to explain the discrepancy in the deal posted here. Is it up to 65% off, 65% off, or over 65% off. All three are posted at different places for this one deal. And this 65% is coming off what price? It says MSRP, but it must be a different MSRP than the one listed on the site. And finally, if your quality and service are so great, why the need to lie on Fatwallet and say you were ordering something for your husband?

This is not always true. And there is no way that extra F is a typo.
The laughing emoticon after my statement indicates a joke. The "typo" excuse has been an ongoing joke here at CPass. I thought this was particularly funny as it was also mathematically correct. So we actually agree that it's unlikely this "misunderstanding" was a result of a typo. But you always, never, know! :D

Agreed the math is off. Bottom line is the prices are good. I looked at several other sites and the prices are all higher. If I were a 601 fan I would be pleased with the prices.

Good price or not, I have a problem with misrepresenting yourself in this manner:

Now, the funny thing. Back in November, NMM3916 shared this tidbit:
posted: Nov. 10, 2009 @ 12:58p

When I was putting an order in for my husband on RMR Cigar's site, one of the reps told me they were giving away a FREE humidor and cigar punch when u make a purchase of $75. It starts at 6am on the 27th. Just log on to their site and contact a rep, she gave me a link but i forgot it
Interesting...

In my book, this automatically puts them on my "Do not buy from" list as it is at best poor judgement and more accurately downright dishonest. There are plenty of other vendors who wouldn't dream of pulling this that I would rather do business with.

An email I got back from RMR:

Yes, thank you. Our prices were not being calculated correctly. Your are absolutely right, we told the system >65% off the 601 Blue’s and it calculated >65% of the original price on everything. The prices should be changed to reflect the correct discounts at this time: http://www.rmrcigar.com/601_Clearance Thanks so much for your help.

I'd like to report my good experience with RMR.

I ordered a box of the 601 Blue Maduro Toro on Sunday the 16th. As mentioned earlier, I could not find a lower price online. I received an order confirmation eMail on Monday around mid-morning, and later in the day the UPS tracking number. The cigars arrived fast, bagged with a humi-pillow and in perfect condition.

One thing was different than my orders with CI, Cbid and TC. The box was resealed and all the cello wrappers have a barcode label on the back. Just like at my local B&M.

I'll get back to RMR when the price is right and I have the funds.

I'll try a 601 this holiday W/E and let 'ya know,
'da Kid

I'd like to report my good experience with RMR.

I ordered a box of the 601 Blue Maduro Toro on Sunday the 16th. As mentioned earlier, I could not find a lower price online. I received an order confirmation eMail on Monday around mid-morning, and later in the day the UPS tracking number. The cigars arrived fast, bagged with a humi-pillow and in perfect condition.

One thing was different than my orders with CI, Cbid and TC. The box was resealed and all the cello wrappers have a barcode label on the back. Just like at my local B&M.

I'll get back to RMR when the price is right and I have the funds.

I'll try a 601 this holiday W/E and let 'ya know,
'da Kid

Good to know their business practices were rewarded.