• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

gregor22

Woof!
The big new name on the ballot is Metallica. Returnees include Chic, the Stooges and Run D.M.C. Other nominees are Jeff Beck, Wanda Jackson, War, Little Anthony & the Imperials and Bobby Womack. The Hall says five of the nine will be inducted.

Which five would you vote for?

Beck, Stooges, Metallica. Wanda and it'll probably be Run DMC although I'd take Little Anthony myself.

Little Anthony and the Imperials! Just cause i'm a big city guy from the south side of Chi-town. :thumbs:

Metallica and Run DMC are the only ones I know. Metallica all the way though!!

Metallica
Metallica
Metallica
Metallica
....and...
Metallica

Jeff Beck, Run DMC, Stooges, Little Anthony and Metallica (but only if they promise not to whine about anything when they accept the honor).

Metallica (but only if they promise not to whine about anything when they accept the honor).

yeah, that's going to happen :whistling:

This is the conversation:

R&R HOF- Ok, guys you're in.
Lars - Awesome, how long do I have for my speech?
R&R HOF - Ah, Lars there is one condition of your entry.
Lars - What's that?
R&R HOF - No speeches this year

We can only hope.

Apart from Metallica, I vote for War. Everyone knows and loves their songs but most don't know who they are. Their stuff is classic. The rest of my five are as follows:

Jeff Beck
Run D.M.C
Little Anthony & the Imperials

I only know Run DMC and Metallica so i vote them

Apart from Metallica, I vote for War. Everyone knows and loves their songs but most don't know who they are. Their stuff is classic. The rest of my five are as follows:

Jeff Beck
Run D.M.C
Little Anthony & the Imperials

War

Jeff Beck, Run DMC, Stooges, Little Anthony and Metallica (but only if they promise not to whine about anything when they accept the honor).
....Lars won't whine, but he'll insist that all TIVO's and DVR's be scrambled so there's no "file sharing" going on..... :whistling:

Big Metallica fan, love Jeff Beck, War is a groove-lovers band, Run DMC put rap on the map (for better or worse) and Little Anthony has some good stuff. Those would be my picks.

Big Metallica fan, love Jeff Beck, War is a groove-lovers band, Run DMC put rap on the map (for better or worse) and Little Anthony has some good stuff. Those would be my picks.

I think you've got them picked. :thumbs:

Metallica - Kill em All
Metallica - Ride the Lightening
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Justice for All
....and...
Metallica - Garage Days

Yeah, that's also about how many of their albums were good. Then they went off to MTV Land and never came back. Still deserving... I think.

War is IMO the stand-out band on that list. In fact, they're not already in the HoF? WTF? Bobby Womack? I don't know if he should be on there.

Wanda Jackson
Little Anthony and the Imperials
Bobby Womack
War
Chic

The big new name on the ballot is Metallica. Returnees include Chic, the Stooges and Run D.M.C. Other nominees are Jeff Beck, Wanda Jackson, War, Little Anthony & the Imperials and Bobby Womack. The Hall says five of the nine will be inducted.

Which five would you vote for?

Metallica belongs... eventually. For this vote:

The Stooges
Run DMC
Jeff Beck
Little Anthony and the Imperials
Bobby Womack

It's nice to see the Stooges getting some props. And I'll also add: the MC5 is the most under-rated band ever. Gotta love the late '60s Detroit scene.