• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel 50

I'd rather smoke a Padron x000. Enough said. The advertising of only 2000 boxes is what gets suckers to buy that cigar. Ridiculous for 30.00 or so a pop. I won't even say I would smoke a Padron 40th year because I won't put it in the same category.

Think I made my point.

Don't waste your money on this puppy. Smoked one a ways back watching the Knicks lose to the Heat. Way over priced...the RP Decade was a much better cigar than this at a much lower price.

I'm biased but personally I love everything from RP, The Edge is probably one of the best by RP and I enjoy a good Vintage 1999

I'm biased but personally I love everything from RP, The Edge is probably one of the best by RP and I enjoy a good Vintage 1999

Rocky Patel is a cool guy. I've met him a few times at cigar lounges but I won't spend a dime on any of his cigars! The Edge was once good and that when it first came out.

Yea I met Nish at an event here near Galveston surprisingly. Cool guy. Every year the local B&M takes a trip down there to their hacienda and factory. I think they try to put out too many lines instead of perfecting a few lines. I used to be a big decade fan. I smoked a 50th anniversary the other day and realized I shouldn't have bought it.

It's apparent in my experience that everything RP has declined over the past six years. Even the solid lines such as the Vintage 90, 92, Olde World Reserve, Edge, and Decade are not what they once were.

RP has made the decision that it is more important to have mass exposure and quantity than quality. I certainly won't attempt to mentor the company on their business practices, I'm sure they make a hefty profit and don't need my help.

However, my opinion is that all RP brand cigars have diminished in all areas and there are no longer any worth smoking over comparable priced cigars from Padron and DPG to name a few.

In short.....very doubtful this cigar is worth a fourth of the listed MSRP, much less the full price.

edited to correct vintage years.