• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ROCKY PATEL EDGE TORO MADURO

cigarlover

HI ALL,
MY NAME IS GERRY AND THIS WILL BE MY FIRST POST UNDER CIGAR REVIEW. I AM NEW TO THE CIGAR HOBBY. MY FIRST DARK CIGAR WAS A DON THOMAS (MADURO) AND I ENJOYED IT. IT WAS LIKE HAVING A NICE CUP OF DARK COFFEE. SO I TRIED MY NEXT DARK CIGAR WHICH WAS A PARTAGAS BLACK, IT WAS COMPARABLY ENJOYABLE WITH LOTS OF ESPRESSO FLAVOR AND SPICE.....SO TODAY I WENT TO A LOCAL SMOKE SHOP TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN SUGGEST FOR A NICE DARK CIGAR. THE OWNER OFFERED MANY CIGARS SUCH AS OLIVA, CAO BRAZILIA, CAO SOPRANOS ETC. HE ALSO SUGGESTED A ROCKY PATEL EDGE. WHAT SOLD ME WAS THE APPREARANCE, IT WAS THE ONLY NAKED CIGAR IN THE WALK-IN HUMIDOR PLUS IT WAS AGED FOR 5 YEARS WHICH WAS INTERESTING. (BOUGHT THE CAO BRAZILIA AS WELL)....I JUST FINISHED SMOKING THE ROCKY PATEL EDGE AND I DISLIKE IT. IT HAD NO FLAVOR (BLAH) AND SMOKE WENT EVERYWHERE. I WAS EXPECTING MORE FLAVORS AND MORE KICK TO IT. I DID NOT FIND ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE CIGAR. NOW, COULD THIS BE BECAUSE I AM A NOVICE SMOKER AND HAVE NOT TRIED VARIOUS CIGAR TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD OR WHAT'S NOT? I'VE SEARCHED FOR THIS TYPE OF CIGAR ON THIS FORUM AND I WOULD SAY THE MAJORITY OF FORUM MEMBERS DO ENJOY THIS PARTICULAR CIGAR. I GUESS CIGAR SMOKING IS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL TASTE, JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES IT (OR RATED 90 OR ABOVE) DOESN'T MEAN I WILL ENJOY IT....DOES EVERYONE AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE AS I BECOME A SEASONED SMOKER, I CAN SHARE MORE THOUGHTS ON THE HOBBY.

GERRY

I agree that you won't know what you like until you smoke it. Ratings/reviews are only guidelines. Personal tastes are personal tastes.

I had an Edge last week. It was better than I expected, but was a little dry. I'm looking forward to getting one and letting it spend a little more time in the humidor....

Yes everything is up to the smoker, still a nice review... but another word of advice that is mentioned often around here, is to never give up on a cigar after only one try.

And please fix your caps-lock, all the yelling is giving me a headache ;)

The edge maddie is quite a strong cigar that might be a bit overpowering if you just started smoking. Also, there can be quite a bit of variability from one cigar to the next. I've had quite a few of these and I've found them to be relatively consistent. I'm quite fond of them myself- for the price I find them to be an exceptional buy. I agree with the last post that you should not give up on a cigar after one bad experience. If I were you, I'd wait 6months-1 yearbefore attempting a second one.

HI ALL,
MY NAME IS GERRY AND THIS WILL BE MY FIRST POST UNDER CIGAR REVIEW. I AM NEW TO THE CIGAR HOBBY. MY FIRST DARK CIGAR WAS A DON THOMAS (MADURO) AND I ENJOYED IT. IT WAS LIKE HAVING A NICE CUP OF DARK COFFEE. SO I TRIED MY NEXT DARK CIGAR WHICH WAS A PARTAGAS BLACK, IT WAS COMPARABLY ENJOYABLE WITH LOTS OF ESPRESSO FLAVOR AND SPICE.....SO TODAY I WENT TO A LOCAL SMOKE SHOP TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN SUGGEST FOR A NICE DARK CIGAR. THE OWNER OFFERED MANY CIGARS SUCH AS OLIVA, CAO BRAZILIA, CAO SOPRANOS ETC. HE ALSO SUGGESTED A ROCKY PATEL EDGE. WHAT SOLD ME WAS THE APPREARANCE, IT WAS THE ONLY NAKED CIGAR IN THE WALK-IN HUMIDOR PLUS IT WAS AGED FOR 5 YEARS WHICH WAS INTERESTING. (BOUGHT THE CAO BRAZILIA AS WELL)....I JUST FINISHED SMOKING THE ROCKY PATEL EDGE AND I DISLIKE IT. IT HAD NO FLAVOR (BLAH) AND SMOKE WENT EVERYWHERE. I WAS EXPECTING MORE FLAVORS AND MORE KICK TO IT. I DID NOT FIND ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE CIGAR. NOW, COULD THIS BE BECAUSE I AM A NOVICE SMOKER AND HAVE NOT TRIED VARIOUS CIGAR TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD OR WHAT'S NOT? I'VE SEARCHED FOR THIS TYPE OF CIGAR ON THIS FORUM AND I WOULD SAY THE MAJORITY OF FORUM MEMBERS DO ENJOY THIS PARTICULAR CIGAR. I GUESS CIGAR SMOKING IS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL TASTE, JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES IT (OR RATED 90 OR ABOVE) DOESN'T MEAN I WILL ENJOY IT....DOES EVERYONE AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE AS I BECOME A SEASONED SMOKER, I CAN SHARE MORE THOUGHTS ON THE HOBBY.

GERRY

Why are you yelling at us? We can read just fine...turn off the caps, please. Introduce yourself in the newbie threads. Welcome to CP!

-Fetter

I like the edge maduro and corojo young....aged or a little time on them they smooth out too much and get very bland....imo.