• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel TAA Edition

AdriftPanda

I was at the mall this past weekend and came across this cigar. I was told that these cigars were release only for members of TAA, so I decided to pick a few up. I haven't smoked a RP in quite some time so I figured I would give it a go. I didn't find any information on these cigars other then it's only for TAA Tobacco Association of America.

Size: 5x50
Wrapper/Filler: Unknown, I assume it's Nicargua though
Strength: Medium

photo18.jpg

At a glance, this cigar has a very nice brown wrapper that was smooth with little oils. I found no soft spots on this cigar, also the weight of this cigar was a bit hefty. After I toasted the foot and took a few puffs I found this cigar to be a bit sweet but had some good spice to it. I found the sweet taste to be a but overwhelming almost to the point where I couldn't taste anything else.

When I got to the body, the spice picked up a bit more, possibly this was where the medium strength kicked in. The sweet taste was mellowing out and now flavors such as spice, nuts and some pepper. The peper left a good tingling feeling in the back of my throat. The burn was very even with beautiful ash. It was beginning to be more enjoyable at this point for me.

The last third finally kicked in with some very noticable flavors such as roasted nuts, and a rich peppery. The burn continued to stay very even and consistent. There's not a whole lot I can say about this cigar. I enjoyed it but there are much better RP cigars out there. This cigar reminded me of the Old World Reserve very much. If you happened to run into these cigars, give it a try, the price was fairly cheap, $8.25 I believe?

photo19.jpg

photo20.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo22.jpg

Nice review. I did find out thanks to a comment on my review of this cigar that the wrapper is Ecuadorian Sumatra and suspect the filler to either be Nic and/or Dominican. The pricing is about the same with what I bought it at.