• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RPCVs?

I know two people who joined so they could go overseas and smoke pot. They said it was a waist of 2 years but you results may vary.

Once I was used a reference for a friend who wanted to join the Peace Corps. The interview was very thorough, almost to the point of extreme. I got the impression they had a real holier-than-thou attitude. He didn't get the job....

Once I was used a reference for a friend who wanted to join the Peace Corps. The interview was very thorough, almost to the point of extreme. I got the impression they had a real holier-than-thou attitude. He didn't get the job....

I served in Kenya between 98 and 01. This thread is just a standard reachout for comradery.

Peace Corps interviews are usually pretty thorough. Reason for that is that unlike the military, people are allowed to quit. And many do. That process is intended to weed out the applicants that are more likely to quit and waste a lot of taxpayer dollars and lot of people's time and efforts. As far as being holier than thou, really, the vast majority of Peace Corps folks are very down to earth and very much the opposite of that. At least that's what I've found in my experience.

ts

I served in Kenya between 98 and 01. This thread is just a standard reachout for comradery.

Peace Corps interviews are usually pretty thorough. Reason for that is that unlike the military, people are allowed to quit. And many do. That process is intended to weed out the applicants that are more likely to quit and waste a lot of taxpayer dollars and lot of people's time and efforts. As far as being holier than thou, really, the vast majority of Peace Corps folks are very down to earth and very much the opposite of that. At least that's what I've found in my experience.

ts

See if they did that in the Army, it would be a lot smaller.

Nepal '92-'94, and in the Twin Cities :cool:

Met my wife there too (another RPCV)

I had a couple of college buddies that joined when Vietnam was going on. They served in Africa and reallly enjoyed it. They felt that they really helped out a lot of people in a particular village. They dug wells, buit houses, taught English, etc. It is great work. JFK, if it was him, had a great idea. :cool: