• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Running

Do you Run?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Only to the mailbox!

• Total voters

inflatus

GURPS
Reaction score
I am an avid runner. I run mini-marathons and carry a cigar with me to smoke once I finish. If you have never smoked right after a long run. You should do so.

I voted yes, but a better answer would be "I have to!"

I run in Rugby and run for PT because it is required, but don't enjoy running for the sake fo running.

Now swimming is another matter!

Treamayne said:
I voted yes, but a better answer would be "I have to!"

I run in Rugby and run for PT because it is required, but don't enjoy running for the sake fo running.

Now swimming is another matter!
[snapback]184789[/snapback]​

Karl;

Do the cigars get soggy in the pool? :D

Back when I was younger and even more studly then I am now, I used to light up at the half way point of the 3 mile PT test while waiting for somebody to catch up. I was a 14:30 runner when I wasn't taking a smoke break so had a few minutes to spare and still make it under 18 minutes to get the 100 points.

Now..............only to the mailbox. :(

I have had quite my fill of running as an athlete in college. And since those days are over I cannot see any reason to run....ever. :laugh:

Back in the day...... I would run after the bad guys....

Now I let the younger guys do it..... :D

I used to run every day to keep in shape. Can't anymore due to problems with the joints in my legs. Now I make do with walking when I play golf :)

Bill

I've done a couple of marathons (the full 26.2)... haven't done much of anything for the past 3 years or so, but I'm in theory training for another marathon in the fall. Should be interesting! heh

moki said:
I've done a couple of marathons (the full 26.2)... haven't done much of anything for the past 3 years or so, but I'm in theory training for another marathon in the fall. Should be interesting! heh
[snapback]184831[/snapback]​

That is my kind of training. :cool:

I spend about a half hour on the treadmill at the gym 3 x a week. Not quite running, but enough to work up a sweat and keep my heart rate up. While at the gym I lift some weights and exercise with various torture machines. Its gotten to the point that I enjoy it.
Peter

AVB said:
Back when I was younger and even more studly then I am now, I used to light up at the half way point of the 3 mile PT test while waiting for somebody to catch up. I was a 14:30 runner when I wasn't taking a smoke break so had a few minutes to spare and still make it under 18 minutes to get the 100 points.

They had PT Tests during the civil war? :)

I hate walking longer distances while smoking a cigar. I would imagine hating running while smoking. But for the past 2-3 months I've been running 3-4 times a week, trying to prepare a bit for my military service. Kind of hard to get excercise sitting by the monitor.

BkCloud114 said:
Back in the day...... I would run after the bad guys....

Now I let the younger guys do it.....  :D
[snapback]184821[/snapback]​

My thoughts exactly. Part of the perks of being The Sarge.

Careful youngin', I still know how to aim. :whistling:

Tuxindy said:
AVB said:

They had PT Tests during the civil war? :)
[snapback]184861[/snapback]​

Once I figured out I would never run that 4 minute mile I gave it up ;)

I used to run three miles a day when I got out of the army, then one day I did just as Forrest Gump did, I stopped, and said to myself "why the heck am I doing this?", and have not run since.

My new motto, why run when you can drive!

JV