• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Short Churchill

A fine BOTL just gave me a few of the tubos. I had the pleasure of smoking one with him and must say I was impressed with such a young cigar. I also was gifted a non tubo by another fine BOTL and that cigar came across a little on the strong side, definitely two slightly different profiles of the same cigar.

I was lucky enough to smoke the tubed version at the release party back in March. I thought the cigar was wonderful, great flavor, perfect burn and draw. I have smoked a handful of the new release non tubed and enjoy them but agree with others that they will be better with a year or two. The cigar definitely has great potential.

So I had one of these yesterday with some good high school friends I hadn't seen since Christmas. They were feasting on crabs while I watched the Copa America Argentina - Brazil final (my team lost). Was on my way to getting sloshed so my judgement could be off but I picked a RyJ Short Churchill up on my trip to Argentina a few months back and felt a summer afternoon would be a great time to smoke it.

I found it to be absolutely delicious. I have had 3 or 4 different vitolas of RyJ and didn't particularly like any of them until this one. It was not harsh whatsoever. Complex woodsy and cocoa flavors dominate. Definitely has the "Cuban" flavor. Rich smoke, with solid ash. Perfect draw and burn. Really could not put this baby down. :thumbs:

I guess one point I'm trying to make is that while some cigars require age, this is already delicious.

Thanks for the review - I have been meaning to give these a try and will have to fire one up soon!

I just bought a box of them and I think they are a great little cigar. Different to the full size. I definitely agree that they need a few years before we can properly judge/compare them. But a thumbs up from me.. I've already hid a few in the back of the humidor to age..