• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sable being put to sleep today.

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
i know none of you know her, but an old flame and I have rekindled. Amy's 1st baby, Sable, now 11, is going to be put to sleep today. She's a Lab mix, but has been Amy's rock for years. Through a divorce, (he got his girlfriend pregnant at the same time he got Amy pregnant. Bad bad bad), two kids and 15 yrs of marriage. Sable is smart, sweet, fun, and now she's at the end. This will be Amy's first time saying goodbye, and having her first "child" cross the rainbow bridge. Amy's first husband, (I'll be the second. We all used to hang together and grill and camp, etc.) didn't want a dog. Amy brought home a wriggly little puppy and was in love. She has two sons, David and Dylan (8 & 4) that have known no other dog. If you're a dog lover, you'll understand the crushing emotion. David will be in the room, holding her paw at the end. I can't be there, as I'm a state away, but my heart hurts so bad. Please, if you find a moment this weekend, lift a glass or have a good stick for Sable Bear. She's truly family.

-Trey

Last edited:
Hang in there, bud. I never cried more than when Otis passed a few months ago. I'll make sure that he greets Sable on the other side and shows her all the best swimming and sunning spots.

Stay strong! My dog is about 8 years old, I don't like to think about how many more years she has left but it will be a sad day when that date is here.

They really do become a huge part of the family. My thoughts are with you today.

Yes. My boy Lab, Murphy (120 lbs, unfixed! Biggest Lab you've ever seen!) is about to be 9. I'm not ready, but he's slower and probably only a couple years away. Lily is my 2 yr old, hoping she'll be his baby mama. She just finished being heat, they bred, but no intel on if she's actually pregnant. Smartest freaking you've ever seen. He'll be my third Lab to go, when does. I pray it's not soon...

-Trey

Awwww... so sorry to hear. It's a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It's been several months since Dolby was put to sleep, and I still can't look at too many photos of him (Bella made a slideshow with sad music, and I totally lost it about two weeks ago...). You are all in our thoughts today. Hang in there, and give Murph a box of treats for my girls.

Sorry to hear this. Try to find solace in the fact that she had a great life, and that the love is everlasting.

I'm sorry for your news. We're a three lab household and the oldest one just turned fourteen so her day is not too far off. I'll be glad to raise a glass to Sable tonight... Hang in there.

I feel and know your heartache all too well. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I was here for Otis, I'm here for Sable. My problem is our Pug is 17 and I don't want to have to do what has to be done when the time comes. You dogs keep room for my gal. Her name is Shelby.

This thread should be called the Aw Shit thread.