• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad Day for the Yankees

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Even as a Sox fan I am saddened by the recent injury to Mariano Rivera. I love to see him come in the game when the Sox play the Yanks. He is the best closer in the game! What a freak accident to leave him with a torn ACL. Hope he gets back on his feet and is able to be a great pitcher again.
Good Luck Mariano on your road to recovery.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/33852/rapid-reaction-mos-injury
Paul

Sad day for baseball and it's fans.

This sucks. I want to beat the Evil Empire when they're at their best.

Doc

He and Jeter were the only reasons I didn't employ my full hatred on them. If you're a baseball fan, it is a sad day.

I'm a big baseball fan and it's not a sad day at all. It's not a life threatening injury and the guy is filthy rich.

Let's go Mets!!

You just hate to see something like this happen to any player no matter the team!

Ah fer Christ's sakes, it was probably his last season. Not the way I'd want a future HoFer to go out. I'm a cynical kind of guy, but I'd like to think it's about more than being rich.

Doc

He was great to watch. I hate seeing anyone get injured, sad time for baseball fans.

Well, at least we won't get a Namath as a Ram or Franco Harris as a Seahawk kind of ending for him.

That is a shame but I have to think he will be back. He is a competitor and he is not going to want to have his career end like that.

If this happened on the other side of town, you would not stop hearing how stupid the team was and how it was all their fault. Imagine David Wright blew out his Achilles pitching batting practice? The jokes at the Mets expense would never stop.
1 - your closer shagging fly balls
2 - the manager and another guy picking him up by the damaged knee and holding him up while they try to figure out how to open the gate on the cart
3 - no one on the field knowing how to actually open said gate on the cart, the whole time, 2 guys still holding him up by his knee
4 - no one stops BP while he's out there injured? The whole time they're holding him, they've got fly balls coming right at them.

Yeah, I feel bad that his career could come to an end like this, but too damn bad for the organization. They had another closer ready in the wings to take over for Mo when he was gone, and they screwed that up, too. Again, with no fanfare. You can bet your last dollar if Matt Harvey destroyed his ankle drunk on a trampoline it would *STILL* be on the back page.

Boy, Mets fans are a bitter bunch. I guess it sucks being No. 2, or three, or four or...

Doc

Boy, Mets fans are a bitter bunch. I guess it sucks being No. 2, or three, or four or...

Doc

True Doc....

Anthony accepts it for what it is....as a Mets fan he knows there are bad years and then there are REALLY bad years. LOS on the other hand is out of his mind jealous of the second class nature of the Mets in NYC and just won't accept it. With the exception of the 1969 & 1986 seasons, the Yankees have owned baseball in the tri-state area and that will never change.

Also, having the Yankees humiliate the Mets in that 2000 Subway World Series (#26 and the easiest of their 3 Championship titles in a row) sure didn't help matters either.

BTW....I guess it's now safe to say that Bernie Madoff was a Yankee fan.

Even with that pitiful attempt to snag that ball, it showed that even at 42, Mariano had more range than Bernie Williams

You know why Yankee fans don't hate the Mets the way Mets fans hate the Yanks? Because as soon as their ship sinks, they'll all be back in Flushing, like they were in the 80s.

Even with that pitiful attempt to snag that ball, it showed that even at 42, Mariano had more range than Bernie Williams

This Bernie Williams LOS?.....

Bernie_Williams.jpg

You must be talking about Bernie Williams the basketball player.....