• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Diego cigar shops

Jsanzone23

So I will be taking the fam down to San Diego in a couple of weeks for a couple of days of some nice R&R. Was looking for some help in where to go for a smoke or two while in town...We are staying at the Hotel Del Coronado and have no problems with driving a little to go somewhere nice and smoke of need be!

So I will be taking the fam down to San Diego in a couple of weeks for a couple of days of some nice R&R. Was looking for some help in where to go for a smoke or two while in town...We are staying at the Hotel Del Coronado and have no problems with driving a little to go somewhere nice and smoke of need be!

Captain Hunt! He's in Seaport Village. it's a tiny shop, but he's got good prices, especially on opus(California standards). Or if you're the adventurous type, you can go 15 mins south to LCDH... Just tell David and Moises I said hello...

Do I smell another herf? Keep us posted on when you are coming. I live in San Diego...

I will be town Monday the 15th until Friday the 19th. The days are open except for Wednesday am taking my son to Sea world in the morning..Got him breakfast with Shamu...kinda scared about that now..lol...

You can go to the Cuban Cigar Factory in the Gaslamp District (downtown). A lot of fun with great music and great beer and wine, but bring your own cigars because they are $$$. Seriously.

You can go to the Cuban Cigar Factory in the Gaslamp District (downtown). A lot of fun with great music and great beer and wine, but bring your own cigars because they are $$$. Seriously.

I haven't been to that shop in a while. Are they still trying to pass off their house cigars for $40?

Do I smell another herf? Keep us posted on when you are coming. I live in San Diego...

I will be town Monday the 15th until Friday the 19th. The days are open except for Wednesday am taking my son to Sea world in the morning..Got him breakfast with Shamu...kinda scared about that now..lol...

Or is he breakfast for Shamu? ??? You know times are tough and budgets have been cut, Shamu may not be immune to the problems in CA!

PJ

There is a cool cigar/coffee store in the heart of San Diego's lamp district. Its called Tobac. They have a small humidor but offer a good selection of cigars that are hand rolled right in San Diego.

I was just inside there today. Browsed the humidor for a few minutes and was amazed at CA prices. Would be a good place for a smoke and a drink though if anyone is in there area. I'll be here til Sunday.

Personally, I would recommend Liberty, Excalibur or Hoffers. Hoffers is excellent. They have two nice humidors, a bar and Jazz on the weekends... Let me know...

I haven't been to that shop in a while. Are they still trying to pass off their house cigars for $40?

No, they're from $7 to $11. I highly do not recommend them. Just bring your own and you're set.

Personally, I would recommend Liberty, Excalibur or Hoffers. Hoffers is excellent. They have two nice humidors, a bar and Jazz on the weekends... Let me know...

I heard Excalibur was good but havent been there..will be sure to check it out next time Im in town. Hoffers is a new one I havent heard of. Will have to add that to the list too.

I just came back from a 2 day trip from San Diego. I live in Fresno, and my buddy Evan (New smoker) wanted to enjoy a smoke. I read the recommendations here and decided to head up to Hoffer's. I was greeted by Phil, the owner who invited me to look around in his two walk-in humidors. I thanked him and began to hunt down a Kristoff Ligero Maduro robusto and then a 7-20-4 Dog Walker and my buddy wanted an Acid Kubo Kubo, which he found. We then sat at the cool little bar and had a stout and began to chit chat. I informed Phil that we are from Fresno and that the fine folks here on this forum recommended a few shops and I chose this place. Oh...I also informed Phil that I knew Cigar Man Andy, and instantly...Phil began to laugh! We talked about Andy and then we just kinda got real comfortable and we sat at the bar and talked. It wasn't long before we began to head outside to enjoy a smoke, then...brace yourself here, my buddy went back into the humidor and bought a 7-20-4 Dog Walker! I know...a new guy ventured away from an Acid! :thumbs:
Well we ventured off outside and we enjoyed our time with an awesome owner in Phil and one of his customers, named Nate. Bottom line of this post is...if you venture into San Diego head to Hoffer's and enjoy a fine smoke and a beer on tap (had 10 or more on tap - or even a glass of wine, they had a decent selection of wine too. I recommend this establishment.
Thanks again CP for your recommendations! :thumbs:
Cheers!
Tony

Back