• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Satellite Radio

kingpin

I have been looking into getting a satellite radio for my car but haven't decided what to go with yet. Does anyone here have one and if they do what kind do they have and how do they like it. I'm leaning towards Sirius but just can't seem to make up my mind.

I've got Sirius. I believe it has a wider variety of music, plus it has the equivilent of Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket. All football games will be on the radio. Drove back and forth to Minnesota from Vegas in May and it was awesome, never having to try and find a station, or listening to cds all the time. Got great weather updates as that was tornado season, too. Gregor

I think XM is much better than SIRIUS.

Just my opinion though.........

(Plus I own XMSR stock not any SIRI :D )

I like XM. Not only because they pay me, but found they had better coverage and more variety in their recievers when I was purchasing mine. I also read alot of articles that claimed that Sirrus' audio wasn't as good as XM's. My guess is that unless you are an audio snob (like Joxxy :p ) you won't readily hear the difference.

To be fair I have heard that Sirrus has come along way. I don't think you will be dissapointed if you choose either one. But there is nothing better then sattelite radio if you're on a long trip!

I have had an XM since they first came out. I REALLY like mine. In the past Sirius didn't have as good of sound quality. I thought so, and that was the opinion of all the reviews I seen including "The Screen Savers" on tech TV. Sirius may have made improvements in it since then though.

XM always used to be slightly less expensive monthly wise. Probably still is if thats a factor in any way.

XM had some limited commercials for a while in the past but have made a big deal recently about all there commercial free programming now. If there are any commercials still it will only be on real stations they carry I beleive. I don't drive as much these days as I used to so I don't keep up with it as I used to.

The channels on XM are great. I love squiz even if the name is lame.

Get a Delphi XM Skifi in my opinion if your getting an add on unit. I have an old Sony unit but my brother has the Skifi. I've seen the Roadie but I think the features of the Skifi are better. I really like the Jog dial a lot. I wish I could browse other stations content before switching as well. Mine has only 5 presets while my brother doesn't even really need presets. He scans up and down looking at all the stuff available and then only switches stations when he sees something he likes. Plus, I have wished so many times I could have my XM out in the back yard with me while Im smoking a cigar. The Skyfi has that boom box thing you can get for it.

I live out in the sticks where radio stations are few and far between so I love my XM and have loved it for quite a while now. :thumbs:

Got XM here. The Shadow, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Gangbusters, on and on and on and on and on, old time radio ROCKS!

NA

Don't have either one. Last time I checked it wasn't available here :(
I checked online and it looks like it is available now (XM) :thumbs:
I'll go and see about it soon :)

Bill

seems like XM is the favorite but the football package with Sirius may be the key deciding factor with 2hr drives home from 1pm Jets games :thumbs:

I have XM. Went with them because I have worked with them in my previous line of employment. I'm pretty pleased. I was disappointed that NPR is an exclusive on Sirius, but i got over it. I was also REALLY excited about the NFL package, until the Redskins Flagship fired their play-by-play guy(Frank Herzog). :angry: :angry: Now I don't care.

Can't go wrong either way, in my opinion. Beats the hell out of terrestrial radio. Going from 12+ spots an hour to 0 is a no brainer. And a lifesaver on long trips. :thumbs:

I have to put in another vote for XM. I have been looking at satellite radio for a while, trying to decide on what to get. Instead of buying a radio for my old Tahoe, I decided to trade and get a new Tahoe, which came with 90 days free satellite radio service to try. I have now listened to both, and XM has better overall programming than Sirius, IMHO. After listening to their XM programing in their Suburban, my parents just put a Roady system in their Lexus and one in the house. XM also gives programming discounts on any systems you add after the primary, i think its only $6.99 per month for any others you add. I cant tell you what to do, but for the program availablility XM is hard to beat.
Bryan :thumbs:

bryan_h said:
XM also gives programming discounts on any systems you add after the primary, i think its only $6.99 per month for any others you add.
Sirius offers the same

Fast4Dr said:
seems like XM is the favorite but the football package with Sirius may be the key deciding factor with 2hr drives home from 1pm Jets games :thumbs:
Yeah. I'm thinking I met get one when football season starts and just hook it up to my stereo at home. I used to have NFL Ticket but I can't get DirecTV at my current apt. so I miss all the Bills games. :( (Yes, I'm a Bills fan. No jokes.)

I want the XM for home and the car ( my commute is only 30-40 min )
I will find out today if my house is in a coverage area

Bill

STYX&STONED said:
I listen to them both all day long in our show room, and I would go with XM.
Care to expound any Gary :p

Seriously though. I've also been considering jumping on board and I'm curious why you would choose XM :)

other1 said:
(Yes, I'm a Bills fan. No jokes.)
GO BILLS!

I've been a rabid BILLS fan since '75. Good to have another fan on the board. Mularkey better live down his name. Williams was such a disappointment. Anyway, here's to this year :thumbs:

Hahah. Nice! I went to school in Buffalo. It's impossible to not get sucked in in that city. I've been a diehard Bills fan ever since. Usually never miss them coimg to Giants Stadium to play the Jets (sorry Mike).

Back