• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

saving a cigar for later...

thatsonofa

Could you, instead of letting the cigar go out on its own, use a cutter and cut the cigar off just behind the cherry? Would that help any if you wanted to smoke the rest of the cigar later?

read about purging/relighting here:

From what I have read it is not the best experience to relight a cigar. I dont think cutting it will make any difference than if you just let it do out on its own. The flavor will still suffer.

I saw that thread before i posted and it didnt answer my specific question about cutting the cigar, so I made my own post.

Great links with good replys. Fantastic explination of what purging should be. I would just add that after you cut make sure to blow out, through the cigar several times.
I would only do this in extreme situations as the smoke is rarely ever as good as the first light.

If you bothered to read seavita he mentions what you are asking. Especially the cutting part.

Plus there are several of these posts from over the years and search would have answered them.

If you bothered to read seavita he mentions what you are asking. Especially the cutting part.

Plus there are several of these posts from over the years and search would have answered them.

I read the whole thread, but I didnt remember seeing that part. I re-read and saw it this time.

Thanks for the links and clarification.

Not a problem.

If you really want to find an interesting do a search on relighting and see what our own Professor Ginseng has to say on the subject.

I don't cut off the 'cherry'. I just let it go out on its own and then later(several days in some cases for me), I purge and relight it.

Dan

I sometimes cut back of the cherry. Usually moisten the cut line before cutting. That helps keep the wrapper from cracking.
In addition, I sometimes purge for an uneven burn, rotating the cigar as I blow. A lot of times, depending on the amount and location of Ligero in the blend, it will even the burn up pretty well.

edited for spelling..