• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saw Top Gear today

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
Had a terrific day with my son. He arranged tickets to the taping in Irvine at the old Marine base.

You Orange County boys will know the places.
We had lunch at one of my favorite places, Memphis. Then off to Siglo cigars for a quick Short Story.
Then off to the taping. We saw Bill Engvall get interviewed.
Lots of standing around and waiting but all in all it was fun and interesting.

What a great day with my son.

I love the Euro version. I honestly haven't seen the US version yet. Whether one likes the show or not in the US format with the US hosts (I like Tanner Faust as a talent and a driver), I'm sure it was a cool experience. Even better to be experienced with your son! Great surprise for Dad.

Sounds like a nice day with your boy. I'm also a big Memphis fan.

I've been going there since the day they opened back in '95. It's changed a lot since then, but still a good
place to go and enjoy some great food.

It was a little greasy spoon pub before Memphis called The Kings Inn. Great hamburgs and fries.
My dad would take me there for lunch when we were working in the area.

I am a huge fan of Top Gear UK. I've seen every episode since it was "redone" in 2002. I watched season 1 of Top Gear US, and I thought it was good. There's a few changes they could do to make it better though. I know there is a Top Gear Australia, but I've never seen it...

Pretty cool you got tickets! :thumbs: