• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saying Hi to fellow pipers

Bird

Just thought I introduce myself here. I'm an avid cigar smoker, but I've moved towards pipes recently. In fact, I used to smoke pipes, moved to cigars, and now I'm moving back. Living in an apartment, pipes are much friendlier to the neighbors, and I like that I can pick up a pipe, smoke, put it down, smoke it later. Not to mention the process of smoking a pipe is very enjoyable.

I dont smoke aromatics, and find myself leaning towards English blends, but I've got some blackwoods flake that I'm gonna open soon. I've also got some Maltese Falcon and some Abingdon which I have not tried yet, but I've heard good things. I'm currently smoking Frog Morton.

I'm still a bit of a rookie with pipe knowledge, and I'm sure I'll have some question, but this seems like the place to go.

Happy posting!

Thanks fellas!

Welcome!

Maltese Falcon is a great blend. Contribute when you can and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're pretty friendly around these parts. :)

Welcome, Bird! I had a HS friend with that nickname! :D

I had a similar smoking history as yours. Pipe years ago, then cigars, and now a reborn piper.

Thanks everyone. Bird is actually what I call one of my dogs. Her name is Ellie, but somehow that morphed into Bumble Bee, which changed to Bumble Bird, and then changed to just Bird. And if I ever told that story in a biker bar, I'd get severely beaten!

Glad to have you aboard. I like the blends you mentioned but I would think the neighbors would find those just as offensive smelling as a cigar. Have you actually had any complaints about your smoking for either pipes or cigars?

Glad to have you aboard. I like the blends you mentioned but I would think the neighbors would find those just as offensive smelling as a cigar. Have you actually had any complaints about your smoking for either pipes or cigars?

No complaints yet. Although I just moved into the new apartment. Cigars just seem to linger more, and make more smoke in one sitting.

No complaints yet. Although I just moved into the new apartment. Cigars just seem to linger more, and make more smoke in one sitting.

I agree about cigars making more smoke and the smell lingering.

Thanks everyone. Bird is actually what I call one of my dogs. Her name is Ellie, but somehow that morphed into Bumble Bee, which changed to Bumble Bird, and then changed to just Bird. And if I ever told that story in a biker bar, I'd get severely beaten!

Please don't use bee and dog in the same sentence. It will attract a rather unsavory following and we like to keep the pipe section clean. :laugh: