• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SCHIP passes the House

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
SCHIP today officially passed in the House after passing in the Senate on Friday. The President is expected to sign it into law in the next few days.

I will offer no opinion here to avoid politics, I just thought everyone should know that this has officially passed, and will soon be effecting the prices of your cigars. If for some reason you are unsure of what SCHIP is, and how it will effect you, please take a moment to research and read up on it.

So, does anyone have a grip on what this is going to cost us, per stick? There was going to be a cap of $0.40 a stick. Did that get changed? I'm outta the loop...

SON OF A !!!!!!!! lkajkl;dfja;lskdfjak;lsdf!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I don't want to help little kids!

So, does anyone have a grip on what this is going to cost us, per stick? There was going to be a cap of $0.40 a stick. Did that get changed? I'm outta the loop...

Here you go...

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=795242

David

So, if it's around $0.40 a cigar, I'm not sure I get it. I mean, that sucks, but it doesn't kill anybody. Thoughts?

Padron 2000 ~$80 box 25 to a box each stick is now .40cents more which makes it now a $90 box.

That is my biggest thoughts.

David

Here you go...

David

So, if it's around $0.40 a cigar, I'm not sure I get it. I mean, that sucks, but it doesn't kill anybody. Thoughts?

Padron 2000 ~$80 box 25 to a box each stick is now .40cents more which makes it now a $90 box.

David

Yep, I get that, and the cheaper the cigar, the harder the hit on bundles and boxes. Still, I hear a lot of talk like this is the fricken end. Personally, I don't see this affecting me that much.

Here you go...

David

David

Yep, I get that, and the cheaper the cigar, the harder the hit on bundles and boxes. Still, I hear a lot of talk like this is the fricken end. Personally, I don't see this affecting me that much.

Oh I agree, 8 bucks on 25 cigars is not a big deal. But I think it has a lot to do with the other stuff. Such as cigs and chew tobacco. Now it just gives me a better reason to smoke more cigars and dip less. :thumbs:

David

Here you go...

David

David

For some of us it's the principle, Mick.

Using an uncertain funding source for this program is irresponsible. It also targets a specific group of people to fund something that has little or nothing to do with them. The fact that it allows a family of 4 making over $66,000 annually to be placed on the taxpayer dime for their health care ($88,000 in some states) is offensive to many people. This has been draped in the cloak of "for the children", but it allows adults to be enrolled as well.

If it's as important as those who wrote it and voted for it claim, they should use taxes from the general fund.

There's also the potential for many smaller companies to eliminate their health care coverage since their employees can be taken care of by the government.

I'm all for making sure poor kids have health care, but this is the wrong way to do it.

Hey guys chear up :D You know what a AF Rothsild costs over here $11/a stick :(

Sure....they start with .40 now but it'll go up to more than that eventually. The good ol' govt sure likes to stick their dirty little paws into my hobbies.

Here you go...

David

I will put it in perspective. I'm a Disabled Veteran. I was severely injured in the service of my country. I am on a set fixed income. Since I can not sue the government for what the Doctors did by taking a short cut in my surgery and damaging my spine. The VA hid my condition for over 5 years. Told me everything was fine and I knew better. I didn't join the service to have them tap my pocket even more than they do now.

You say $0.40 a cigar isn't much? Horse shit!!! Some states they also charge by the weight of the tobacco. So you have that little fee. Plus the additional $0.40+ a cigar and thus the increase over all as you have to factor in the city, state, and federal tax over that $0.40. I say + because they will raise it even more so they can control what we do as citizens through taxation. I receive shitty health care. I have fought the VA for over 7 years now to address my teeth. Due to the Cancer I had, it did some nasty ass damage. I am still waiting for them to set me an appointment. I can not afford health insurance and dental insurance. Due to my circumstances, if I could get them, it would probably cost me in excess of $800 a month. Yeah, those numbers are not made up either. :angry:

After all, I am a Disabled Veteran. I should get top priority in health care. Instead, I get Socialized medicine which is a fucking joke. These families making $66k a year will get free health care and will probably be better than what I get. Sorry for the rant but this is a complete crock of shit. A person that never served his/her country shouldn't get better health care than the ones that did. I am sick and tired of the Veterans getting the shaft in the ass without the common courtesy of a reach around.

If they want to get money for these lazy fuck tards, then start applying special taxes to toys. After all, its for the children right?

I will step off my soap box as when it comes to health care, I really get my feathers ruffled big time. Sorry for the language but I am extremely pissed off at the moment.

Here you go...

David

David

For some of us it's the principle, Mick.

Using an uncertain funding source for this program is irresponsible. It also targets a specific group of people to fund something that has little or nothing to do with them. The fact that it allows a family of 4 making over $66,000 annually to be placed on the taxpayer dime for their health care ($88,000 in some states) is offensive to many people. This has been draped in the cloak of "for the children", but it allows adults to be enrolled as well.

If it's as important as those who wrote it and voted for it claim, they should use taxes from the general fund.

There's also the potential for many smaller companies to eliminate their health care coverage since their employees can be taken care of by the government.

I'm all for making sure poor kids have health care, but this is the wrong way to do it.

Yep, just like everything else. Once they start taxing it, the tax will just sky rocket. Same goes with banning guns and everything else that they want to screw with.

For me Mick, it's not about the 40cents....it's about the trend.

When will it end?