• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch tasting - input wanted.

You know, there are now a number of American malted whiskies made in the scotch style, with the exception of using new oak casks for aging.

Why can't we get rid of that silly law anyway? Do oak barrel makers still command that much clout?

MoeCizlak said:
You do realize that they make bourbon in your state, right?  Ignore all these pagans and their fancy Scotch recommendations and drink bourbon!  :)

That's another tasting entirely.  Hmmm . . . what would you break it down into? Wheated, rye-ish, corn?  

The four or so I drink regularly---1792 Ridgemont, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace---all have distinctly different characteristics.  The only really spendy bourbon I ever get is my annual "however many bottles I can find" George T. Stagg buy.

~Boar

Macallan 12 could easily be put into a bourbon tasting, and would probably win.

Lots of great advice above.  Also, for a tasting, make sure to sample the light and delicates first and move your way up to the rich and smokies.  Have a some crackers (or even goldfish!) to cleanse your palate between samples.  Of course, you'll need to decide which cigar to enjoy along with this, but that's another question.