• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scumbag List

Phil, I'd say Spivy is a prime candidate for the list.

OR Anejo debacle

Jay I agree that it was a debacle but scumbag list I cannot agree with. He did do other shady shit like taking a blind review package from Jack Straw and never reviewed sticks. The OR Anejo thing IMO was him getting into something that was way over his head. From what I understand the people have been paid back. I do not think this was a attempt a ripping people off. If he has done other stuff that I do not know about than that is a different story. :thumbs:

Don, while I hear what your saying, it is part of a pattern of behavior he exhibited that makes me feel he should be on the list. I know he offered up sticks in PM to numerous brothers on the board and renegged on the deals. Me being one of them. There is the incident where he pulled out of the buy for rare cigars from tkoepp as evidenced here. On at least one occasion he tried selling sticks that he didn't have in his possession as evidenced here.

It is a pattern that hurt many brothers on this board and has the potential to hurt others. Imo this makes Spivy a Scumbag and worthy to be on the list. :thumbs:

OR Anejo debacle

Jay I agree that it was a debacle but scumbag list I cannot agree with. He did do other shady shit like taking a blind review package from Jack Straw and never reviewed sticks. The OR Anejo thing IMO was him getting into something that was way over his head. From what I understand the people have been paid back. I do not think this was a attempt a ripping people off. If he has done other stuff that I do not know about than that is a different story. :thumbs:

Don, while I hear what your saying, it is part of a pattern of behavior he exhibited that makes me feel he should be on the list. I know he offered up sticks in PM to numerous brothers on the board and renegged on the deals. Me being one of them. There is the incident where he pulled out of the buy for rare cigars from tkoepp as evidenced here. On at least one occasion he tried selling sticks that he didn't have in his possession as evidenced here.

It is a pattern that hurt many brothers on this board and has the potential to hurt others. Imo this makes Spivy a Scumbag and worthy to be on the list. :thumbs:

Thank you Jay you refreshed my memory. I remeber that now. Did he also try to recuit members via PM from CP to his Top Secret forum? I change my opinion on this. :thumbs:

Question for the group...is the list too severe a punishment for people that have failed to hold up their end such as "Blind Cigar Reviews" etc...?

No. People who have been slow on their end have ended up on the list. I've also seen people come off of it after a long time once they got everything together again. Now that person was behind on a few things and just got in over their head. It happen but you also have to pay the piper for it.

DG

OR Anejo debacle

Thank you Jay you refreshed my memory. I remeber that now. Did he also try to recuit members via PM from CP to his Top Secret forum? I change my opinion on this. :thumbs:

Yep he did Don. I knew you'd see it my way. :D

It is called the scumbag and bad trader list. Thus it can include both blatant scammers/thieves and people who just suck at trading and took months to finish a deal. In Spivy's case I dunno...It is still very unclear if he was just a broker for a GB or if he bought and resold. The former really doesn't warrant him going on the list, given that he formed arrangements with all the participants right after and afaik has made good. The other things you listed are shitty things to do but I dunno if they qualify as scumbaggery. I think lots of things he did were in poor taste but did he ever actually enter into a trade and fail to follow through upon receiving payment/the other person's end?

I think it would be good to hear from people that participated in that buy first and their take on everything, as well as the end result.

As Andrew indicated yesterday, the scumbag list is in transition. While things are still changing (including the processes surrounding the list), there is a wiki version of the list up for reference again HERE

We can also now begin collecting, archiving and presenting data on new potential additions for the list. I know we have a few people who have ripped folks off here or sold fakes since the last update to the list. Now is the time to start collecting and presenting the case that they should be added to the list. If you have links/PMs/Emails/whatever, as well as the name/username of people that should be added, please provide what you have. For now we are just trying to centralize data so some progress can be made.
wtf ever. i am the way to showing out the one who has the key of the door is room next one.

What?

Gahau

Beat a couple of guys for a fiver from the MAW-PIF and a contest that he never shipped. I will hunt down the link to the threads tonight.

Edit to add: Gahau recently logged on. I am pretty sure he got my pms and the certified letter I sent him. Gahau never got banned. I will report the threads to Rod and leave the rest to him.

Personally...I don't know that Spivy is deserving of the list. While I personally wasn't involved in the Anejo debacle, I caught it from the OR Opus end...though not to the extent of some on the board. From my observation overall in regards to how Ed conducted himself, and GB's that I saw him put together...members extended him a decent level of trust to come through, in a fairly short period of time. I believe that members involved in the Anjeo/Opus debacle were probably "rubbing one out" at the thought of obtaining such cigars, and jumped right in based on what Ed had been able to pull together if even just on personal buys. If I had known about the Anjeo's...I would have been right there with my money as well. Ed got taken...so everybody else did as well. As far as what arrangements were made for compensation, or how much of that was followed through on, I can't say...which is why this is only my observations of what transpired over several months time.
I know that when I was still caught up in the grips of active drug addiction...I regularly went to the door of somebody I didn't know, shoved my money through the mail slot and hoped something was going going to come back out for me. This really isn't so different. Again...just my observation.

Personally...I don't know that Spivy is deserving of the list. While I personally wasn't involved in the Anejo debacle, I caught it from the OR Opus end...though not to the extent of some on the board. From my observation overall in regards to how Ed conducted himself, and GB's that I saw him put together...members extended him a decent level of trust to come through, in a fairly short period of time. I believe that members involved in the Anjeo/Opus debacle were probably "rubbing one out" at the thought of obtaining such cigars, and jumped right in based on what Ed had been able to pull together if even just on personal buys. If I had known about the Anjeo's...I would have been right there with my money as well. Ed got taken...so everybody else did as well. As far as what arrangements were made for compensation, or how much of that was followed through on, I can't say...which is why this is only my observations of what transpired over several months time.
I know that when I was still caught up in the grips of active drug addiction...I regularly went to the door of somebody I didn't know, shoved my money through the mail slot and hoped something was going going to come back out for me. This really isn't so different. Again...just my observation.

Addy in profile. Seriously addiction is horrible. I am very happy you pulled through it. Ed is a tough one to decide I am glad I do not have to make that choice.

Addy in profile. Seriously addiction is horrible. I am very happy you pulled through it. Ed is a tough one to decide I am glad I do not have to make that choice.

:laugh:

Even though I thought Ed was shady and was watching him closely before he was shown the door, I never really saw anything that firmly should place him on the list.

Do I think he knew what he was doing when he sent a Dominican H Uphman instead of a Cuban? ............ YES!

Can I prove he did? .............. NO!

Several other concerns, lack of follow through, but no hard evidence that would warrant him being added unless someone was to come forward with something solid.

I have my own personal scumbag list. Spivey is on it.

Doc.

Jeez I got people on my Scumbag list who don't even smoke cigars. Some of them I haven't seen in 30 years too.

Jeez I got people on my Scumbag list who don't even smoke cigars. Some of them I haven't seen in 30 years too.

Well, you ain't quite old enough yet, but soon, you'll be finding yourself perusing the obits for the bastids' names.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Updated with some of the critical proposals. I know there are more and we will deal with them shortly, this whole wiki thing is new to me and frankly tracking down all the supporting evidence is a pain in the ass. In other words, if you have links to the supporting threads for your 'nominees' and/or PMs/whatever, cough em up and things will move more quickly.

Can we add an "immature" category to the list or would that cause bandwidth issues?