• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

set-in hygro calibration?

What do you mean set in? Can it be removed? Was it glued in by a previous owner or something?

I see what you mean. Hopefully it is removable from the back. The reality is that analog hygros are not very reliable anyway. Shop around for a digital one. They are relatively cheap. I have a wireless version that works well that I bought on closeout from Radioshack. I would get some beads or the Puck from HERE and they work so well that any hygro will be used only as a backup.

Yea, I got 2 1/2 oz tubes otw for 2 smaller humidors but I just found that humidor a day or two ago so now I'll either have to put those 2 tubes together or buy a 2 oz tube or just use the analog with the rectangular humidifier. You just set the tubes anywhere in the humidor right? They dont have to be mounted I assume. I'm doing the old salt test on an analog hygro for the hell of it right now and it's a pain in the butt, so I will be glad once those tubes come :)

If you're looking for a digital hygrometer, check out this one:

DHYG-Round_02.jpg

Can be found in the CP Store: http://www.cigarpass.com/store/hygrometers.htm

Be careful when you buy a digital hygro, as some of them do not allow for you to change the battery, and are disposable. The one we sell has a cover on the back which slides off, and all you do is pop in a new watch battery.

Good luck!

That is the one I have, does anyone know if it is pretty accurate. I am calibrating it and have read that you put some salt in a bottle top then add some water (just enough to get it wet) then wait about 6 hours in a tuperware container. It should then read 75%. Is this the right steps or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Oh incase it is confusing I have the digital one, not the humidor one that this post was originally about.