• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SF to Napa/Sonoma visit

Goalee1

Been a long time since I've had any time off and with my newly found free time, decided to accompany my wife to SF then up to Napa/Sonoma. We used to take a yearly trip around harvest time but haven't in the past few years, so any wineries aside from the usuals worth checking out? Any recommendations for food both in SF and Napa/Sonoma?

We'll be at the Ritz in SF Thurs night(poss Weds night as well depending on when we fly in), then up to the Carneros Inn for the weekend. Last trip (about 3 yrs ago I think) we did Caymus, Nickel and Nickel, Darioush, Far Niente, Baldacci, Cardinale, skipped opus as usual, mondavi, plumpjack, Martinelli. We usually go tasting for a day or two then head over to the bottle barn in Santa Rosa and buy and ship from there. They always have some nice stuff and their prices are usually really good.

Never stayed at the Carneros Inn but from the looks of the place, I may just want to veg there for a day! G1

I'll weigh in on some restaurants later, running out the door. There are a couple of us in Marin (between SF and Napa) if you find yourself looking to stop for a smoke

My wife and I made our way up there for our honeymoon this past fall. Two wineries that we really found laid back and enjoyable were Trefethen and Goose Crossing. The people there were so personable and willing to take as much time as we wanted that it was a wonderful experience.

In Napa we checked out Ad Hoc, which is not really an atypical place for people to go but was rather tasty. Also, Angele is a little bit higher priced cafe but they have an unbelievably refreshing drink called a Clear Concise.

I may be in town a day early just to be able to fly in with my wife. May try and see Mark over at Tower. How far is it from SF to Tower? G1

Lots of wineries worth checking out as well as food in Napa. Depends on what style of wine you are into and what you are looking for food wise. Send me a PM and I will try to help you out as much as possible. I believe it is about 90 minutes or so to Mark in Sacramento from SF depending on traffic.

A couple that we really are stoked about are Ramey and Hanzell. I always like Ruthorford Hill, may try and stop by Ridge in Lytton Springs. We have a res at Ad Hoc for Friday. Will probably do our own thing on Saturday then maybe Cyrus on Sunday. Looks like I'll be flying in solo on Thursday, my wife will be there a day earlier. How difficult is it to get to SF from the airport via Bart? Also, is Montgomery the best stop for the Ritz? G1

A couple that we really are stoked about are Ramey and Hanzell. I always like Ruthorford Hill, may try and stop by Ridge in Lytton Springs. We have a res at Ad Hoc for Friday. Will probably do our own thing on Saturday then maybe Cyrus on Sunday. Looks like I'll be flying in solo on Thursday, my wife will be there a day earlier. How difficult is it to get to SF from the airport via Bart? Also, is Montgomery the best stop for the Ritz? G1

Sorry bout the double post, dont' know how that happened. Yeah, we loved Cyrus a couple of years ago and actually found one of my favorite wines there on recommendation from them. G1