• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sh*t My Dad Says

obmike

I picked this up on the recommendation of a friend and I've haven't laughed that much in years.

Since most of us had a dad, and many of us are dads...

Amazon link

Ha, that looks pretty good. I don't see a chapter entitled "You Didn't Think That Through Very Well, Did You?" but I still might pick it up.

Nice, that's probably a great pick up. That must have spawned from his Twitter site:

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

If I remember correctly they are making it into a TV show with William Shatner as the father. CBS.

Pure gold!!

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh*ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh*t makes you an idiot, not an optimist."

“Yes I got him a gift. He had a kidney stone. You piss a rock through your pecker, you deserve more than just a pat on the f*cking back."

I'm laughing non stop at his twitter stream!

The guy has 1.5 million followers!!

Doc was the first guy that came to mind when I read some of those quotes from the guy.

Edit: Yep! Guy has Doc written all over him.

"War hero? No. I was a doc in Vietnam. My job was to say "This is what happens when you screw a hooker, kid. Put this cream on your pecker."

“Yes I got him a gift. He had a kidney stone. You piss a rock through your pecker, you deserve more than just a pat on the fucking back."

Great book! I picked up a copy at B&N a few weeks back and couldn't put it down. :thumbs:

I haven't had a lot of time to read this summer, but this was the best book that I have read in a while.

My father only said three things to me, many times. "Don't tell your mother." " If you're going to do anything, don't do it half assed." "Never go for the third one kid, You'll hurt yourself."
wink.gif

Doc

My father only said three things to me, many times. "Don't tell your mother." " If you're going to do anything, don't do it half assed." "Never go for the third one kid, You'll hurt yourself."
wink.gif

Doc

That third one is classic, Doc. :laugh:

He never told you "Move your hand" as he was whipping your ass with a belt? Hmm... maybe that was just me and my dad...

wink.gif

Doc

He never told you "Move your hand" as he was whipping your ass with a belt? Hmm... maybe that was just me and my dad...

No I got that one plenty of times....

I was looking into this book, wife told me to put it on the Christmas list... then she just sent me a message that CBS is making this a show to begin airing in the 2010-2011 season. Oh, and it's starring William Shatner. I'm looking forward to it!!

eta: I must be blind, I just saw Wisco's post above...

wink.gif

Doc

My dad was always telling me to put my hands down as he was holding me by the back of the neck, with me going in circles while I tried in vain to escape the belt.

Friggin hilarious! Kept the wife up last night reading this book in bed. Kept laughing out loud every few minutes.

wink.gif

Doc

My dad was always telling me to put my hands down as he was holding me by the back of the neck, with me going in circles while I tried in vain to escape the belt.

Friggin hilarious! Kept the wife up last night reading this book in bed. Kept laughing out loud every few minutes.

Just to clear this up, my father never laid a hand on us. He didn't have to. He was an ex-boxer who resembled Two Ton Tony Gallento and was afraid he might hurt us. His stare was quite sufficent to keep my brother and me in line.

Doc.