• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shameful confession. Please read. :P

When I first saw the post I got about 4 lines in and gave up, because I figured it was a joke and didn't seem to be my type of joke....meaning it was long and too much to read.

Then I saw BBS' posts and figured maybe it wasn't a joke....but still didn't read it because it was long and too much to read.

Then I saw Freebern's post saying it was funny.  So I knew it was a joke.....and decided to read it.

I have read it.....and totally understood the joke...unlike BBS.....and didn't find it funny....unlike Freebern.

I do like Star Wars though.

Disgusting. what does this look like to a newbie coming here. Inappropriate. Tom, your first opinion was the best.

131478091981.jpg

Nice, I enjoyed.  Trey - how the hell have you been man?

Some folks, especially old ones, should lighten up.

Doc

Pugman1943 said:
Disgusting. what does this to a newbie coming here. Inappropriate. Tom, your first opinion was the best.

There are a lot worse things on this site, for a newbie to see, then a stupid Star Wars brother/sister joke.  Lighten up.  If it's not for you, then move on.

I have never seen Star Trek, but I have heard good things.  Maybe I will watch it to understand pugmans response. 

;)

That is funny right there, I dont care who you are......

Pugman1943 said:
Disgusting. what does this to a newbie coming here. Inappropriate. Tom, your first opinion was the best.

I think people are missing the point that it is basically a description of Luke Skywalker's life.

Hi all...been a long day away, so just seeing most of the recent replies.

First, I AM a newbie again, but in a goofy moment, I posted something after asking in my earlier "Silly question" topic and getting good advice.

Second, I wasn't feeling like a newbie, I was feeling the "years ago" family feeling I had here.

Third, I see mixed opinions, some supportive, some neutral and some not-so-good. I respect them all and will learn from this and make more careful decisions on what to post and when...("read more, post less"...excellent advice from my first time around for the new newbies!))

Fourth, for those that remember me, I'M DAMNED GOOD AND GLAD TO BE HOME! I love it here! Thanks for asking and please, stay in contact with me!

Finally, because promotion equals labotomy and good idea fairy issued, i'm going to stop here and try to save face and bow out of this one gracefully, better educated, but not beaten or broken. :p (this post was too long, but I think I got the message out. New newbies read and heed.

Y'all have a fantastic weekend, I'll be lurking and reading/learning and enjoying my first special ISOM baby tonight!

-Trey

Spad31 said:
Hi all...been a long day away, so just seeing most of the recent replies.

First, I AM a newbie again, but in a goofy moment, I posted something after asking in my earlier "Silly question" topic and getting good advice.

Second, I wasn't feeling like a newbie, I was feeling the "years ago" family feeling I had here.

Third, I see mixed opinions, some supportive, some neutral and some not-so-good. I respect them all and will learn from this and make more careful decisions on what to post and when...("read more, post less"...excellent advice from my first time around for the new newbies!))

Fourth, for those that remember me, I'M DAMNED GOOD AND GLAD TO BE HOME! I love it here! Thanks for asking and please, stay in contact with me!

Finally, because promotion equals labotomy and good idea fairy issued, i'm going to stop here and try to save face and bow out of this one gracefully, better educated, but not beaten or broken. :p (this post was too long, but I think I got the message out. New newbies read and heed.

Y'all have a fantastic weekend, I'll be lurking and reading/learning and enjoying my first special ISOM baby tonight!

-Trey
 Trey,

you did nothing wrong, and have nothing to apologise for.

It was funny, A kinda you have to be in the know funny, but still funny.

Although a little early, cabin fever works in mysterious ways. God only knows what February will bring.

Doc

I'm just gonna say, as neutrally and kindly as I possibly can, because it's happened to me far too many times before, that sometimes, when you don't get the joke at first and respond badly, and then DO get the joke . . . whether you like the joke or not . . . sometimes the best possible response is a "Geeez, you really got me with that one, you rat bastige" rather than a "Harumph! Harumph, I say! Good DAY, sir!"  ;)

~Boar

That was really funny. I was appalled up until the Vader comment. Then I started laughing. Thanks for the share.