• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should Leebo be CP’s official "Leader"?

Should Leebo be the "Leader" in deciding who should be here and who should not?

• Yes. If he says a person is "finished" on CP, then he is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. I sometimes agree with Lee’s views so it might be okay.

• Probably not. There should be no official "Leader" here on CP.

• No. I disagree with Leebo on just about every topic.

• I dunno. I have not reached an opinion on this subject.

• No Comment. I ain’t touching this poll.

• Total voters
SamClemmons said:
If you don't like it at CP you are welcome to leave.

[snapback]172265[/snapback]​

Sorry, Sam, you're not getting rid of me that easily... it was an "okay" attempt, though. I give it a C- :whistling:

(Aside to Blair: I know you said to try a little humility, but it's really not my forte. I promise to keep trying, though.) :blush:

Steve, no one's trying to "get rid" of you, he was merely pointing out that you may be in that group of people who find some of the posts and threads here a little too unpleasant and if that's the case, then other boards may be more suitable for you.

Time will tell, either you'll come around and learn to appreciate the highly respected veterans like Neal and Lee or you won't.

Personally I hope in time you will indeed learn to appreciate their input and wisdom. Some guys do and others don't, its YOUR choice, not anyones elses. ;)

Heaven forbid. I don't want you to leave. I grind slow but exceedingly fine. No sense in getting rid of a perfectly good whipping post.

NA

No offense to anyone, but can we please put this thread to bed? I don't get why it's become such a pissing match now, before it was amusing, but now it's just annoying.

The guy baiting Lee, Bill and Sam is what people that frequent boards call a Troll. He does it because it gives him a rise. Playing into him only encourages him.

Let's face it, Lee's a good guy. Love him or hate him, he's always been straight with everyone. Obviously, some people can't handle it. But there's no need to try and 'out' him for whatever personal issue you have, he'll be here long after some of us are gone.

Besides, this is the Internet guys, there are no leaders. In theory, the person that owns the board is the leader, if there is such a thing. His name is Rod, and he signed off as Prime Minister of CP. So there :p

My popcorn has run out. I just can't stand seeing what this bickering has done to CP. I know I haven't been around for a lot of it, but coming back should have felt really great, but having to see constant bashing in the Lobby makes it just seem like I should have never bothered to connect with some of the BOTL. It really saddens me.

I know I sound like a sentimental jackass, but I can remember when being involved here was a hell of a lot of fun. Picking on each other? Come on, I KNOW we're better than this.

coventrycat86 said:
Steve, no one's trying to "get rid" of you, he was merely pointing out that you may be in that group of people who find some of the posts and threads here a little too unpleasant and if that's the case, then other boards may be more suitable for you.

Time will tell, either you'll come around and learn to appreciate the highly respected veterans like Neal and Lee or you won't.

Personally I hope in time you will indeed learn to appreciate their input and wisdom. Some guys do and others don't, its YOUR choice, not anyones elses. ;)
[snapback]172273[/snapback]​

CC, I love you man, but I think you've missed my point. I DO respect Lee's input and wisdom, but only on SOME things. I pretty much respect Neal in all things.

What I do not respect, and will never respect, is Lee's disrepect for anyone who thinks differently than he does. It's apparent in his posts, it's apparent in his PMs to me personally, and it was apparent in his bahavior in chat last night. His disrespect for other members is apparent even in his freakin' avatar! (I was actually embarassed for this board when Lee posted to the thread for MrJerry's best friend passing away.)

blahblahblah.jpg

Smokin said:
[snapback]172279[/snapback][/right]

My sentiments exactly. Smokin'Tone, you can consider my end of this "put to bed".

Phooey. You got something against a guy shootin' dice? I looked at Lee's posts, the evidence isn't there and I wanted it to be. I love bustin' on old timers. They think they're bullet proof. I'd wear Lee out if what you're saying is true... not in a bad way mind you... just to steer him back on course but he's not guilty from what I can see. Feel free to be specific.

NA

Okay, I'm lost, here's Lee's post:
Sorry to hear this Jerry..

Prayers sent

and Steve says this:
(I was actually embarassed for this board when Lee posted to the thread for MrJerry's best friend passing away.)

Am I missing something here? What's the problem?

Steve is embarressed by my avatar?? LOL

Sorry, you are the only one who's complained so far...

Steve, get a hobby bro, don't waste all your energy following me around!

Who could this be? ???

hereshortly said:
leebo is a putz...pure and simple

CC is a pro at mooching cheap wine.

neal is a pain but he's pretty funny.

sfg is ok, but he has been kicked out of CP's darkside apparently.

i like cliff.

who am i? (CC no fair telling)
[snapback]172172[/snapback]​

Stevehawk isn't just a looser, he's a loooooser. The extra o's are for extra loooserness. Yea, thats it. Thanks for the help there Matt, I knew you'ld be way more familiar with the word loser then I was. :p

You know as I sit here there are currently 8 people that claim to disagree with Leebo on evry subject, yet I don't think we've heard from very many of them yet. I firmly believe it's the behavior not the opinions or ideas that ends up getting a person in hot water around here. How bout we hear from others that disagree with Leebo so much. Lets have it. Make a valid case without resorting to name calling and lets see what kind of a dog pile develops. Step up and prove me wrong someone.

gibu said:
You know as I sit here there are currently 8 people that claim to disagree with Leebo on evry subject, yet I don't think we've heard from very many of them yet. I firmly believe it's the behavior not the opinions or ideas that ends up getting a person in hot water around here. How bout we hear from others that disagree with Leebo so much. Lets have it. Make a valid case without resorting to name calling and lets see what kind of a dog pile develops. Step up and prove me wrong someone.
[snapback]172324[/snapback]​

Gibu - I got one for ya... :angry2:

Lee doesn't talk about cigars very often.... ??? I betcha he doesn't even like cigars. Or, he's secretly smokin' Macanudo's and not telling anyone...

That's it for me :whistling:

stevehawk said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:
<snip>

And as far as this whole thread, it's really shown me the following:

1. There are those of us who don't mind speaking out against someone who needs calling out.

<snip>

[snapback]172197[/snapback]​

I'm glad you posted this Lee, cuz I feel the same way.

I think what it really comes down to is that I was (and still am) frustrated with the lack of tolerance that I’ve observed on this site, and particularly from Lee.

Lee is 100% correct to call out anyone who is a thief, a scammer, or who seeks to do no good on this board. I applaud him for those efforts and hope he keeps it up.

Unfortunately, his actions aren’t always limited to these folks. He seems to enjoy confrontation and (to me anyway) he seems to actively look for reasons to call people out and berate them, usually for “offenses” where he feels slighted or when someone does not share one of his opinions. Please keep in mind – this is my opinion, based on my observations of, and experiences with, Lee. You may agree or disagree with me. You may think I’ve got my head up my ass (and sometimes you’d be right). But that is my opinion and I’m standing by it.

The bottom line is I felt that Lee needed a reality check – hell, I still do. And that’s the reason for the poll.
[snapback]172245[/snapback]​

I'd like to have seen what would have happened if you were around when cohibasurfer was calling people out!

ggiese said:
Gibu - I got one for ya... :angry2:

Lee doesn't talk about cigars very often.... ??? I betcha he doesn't even like cigars. Or, he's secretly smokin' Macanudo's and not telling anyone...

That's it for me :whistling:
[snapback]172345[/snapback]​

Are you serious? LMAO. If not serious disregard. If you are serious:

Yeah, he dislikes cigars so much, that he started his own forum.
Teabags ring a bell.

Do I even need to add anything else to this?