• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Slowly finding another favotite NC Brand

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Everyone that's been around for more than a day probably know's I'm the resident La Perla Habana whore :thumbs:

My only problem is that LPH is not available anywhere locally (or even within sane driving distance for that matter).

When I was new here SD_Stack and I did a little swapping. He sent me a Fonseca Serie F that was a preview relaese. I smoked it and it was damn good :) Since then, my local shop has started a weekly promotion Fonseca Fridays. The offer varies from BOGO to free hats. I try to take advantage of it at least once a month :)

I must say that Fonsecas have been top-notch, consistent since that first Serie F. I've probably had 30 various Fonsecas in that time. I didn't really realize I was starting to gravitate towards them - they totally earned my respct over time.

Their Vintage robusto is one of the best NC smokes around IMO.

The end. By Dixie. :D

Cheers,
Dixie

I've always been fond of Gurkha since I discovered them years ago. Must have 10 different ones in the humi at the moment. What's your favorite Fonseca? Maybe I'll pick up a few.

The Serie F was my first Fonseca; I immediately went back to the shop and bought 10 more. Somehow haven't gotten around to picking up a box, but the Vintage series sounds really nice.

'Bout time you got away from those nasty LPHs. :sign:

AVB said:
I've always been fond of Gurkha since I discovered them years ago. Must have 10 different ones in the humi at the moment. What's your favorite Fonseca? Maybe I'll pick up a few.
I'd rank my top 4 as

Vintage Robusto
Serie F Toro
5-50 Maddie
5-50 Natural

The Vegas de lince is good, but you really need to be in the mood for a powerful smoke. It is probably the smoke Mac failed to produce with their "Robust" line.

Also give the sungrown cedar line a go :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

Are you getting the Vintage Robustos from JR?

AVB said:
Are you getting the Vintage Robustos from JR?
No - McCranies....though atlanticcigar.com has really good prices on them.

I'm next up in the Nebie Trade rotation. I'll probably try to get a box of Vintage robustos for my end :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie