• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smart TV Recomendations

I agree Jeff... but I'd rather get a little educated before I go in and start talking to the 20 year old tech nerd. It's easier to feel like a dumbass around family that know you are. So they all work to get a person to the same place. And since I'm used to fire tv. I might be more comfortable looking for that system is what I'm hearing. Or I'll be learning a new system. Stayed with my Daughter 2 weeks, at the end I was still trying to figure out the ROKU if she wasn't handy.
Damn! You're like avtually five days older than dirt Michael....

I agree Jeff... but I'd rather get a little educated before I go in and start talking to the 20 year old tech nerd. It's easier to feel like a dumbass around family that know you are. So they all work to get a person to the same place. And since I'm used to fire tv. I might be more comfortable looking for that system is what I'm hearing. Or I'll be learning a new system. Stayed with my Daughter 2 weeks, at the end I was still trying to figure out the ROKU if she wasn't handy.

Call me next time. I'll have my 14 yr old daughter, walk you through everything :)

So what are you going to get??? The suspense is killing me!

With out going in and playing with them a little. This is the one I have semi chosen. Still taking feed back though. I just know I'll get my new one home and someone will say... you should have gotten this one because it has tripple the bells and whistles and 1/3 of the price. ;-)

What do you think?

With out going in and playing with them a little. This is the one I have semi chosen. Still taking feed back though. I just know I'll get my new one home and someone will say... you should have gotten this one because it has tripple the bells and whistles and 1/3 of the price. ;-)

What do you think?

That looks like a hell of a deal! I had never looked at TCL’s before, so I did some reading. The company’s diversity, history, and reviews surprised me! That looks like a solid choice!

Did you make a decision yet? Some of the negative reviews might get me to shy away from that one, but I usually balance that by reading the negative reviews of even the best tvs. Usually they are similar, and if so, I tend to ignore.

I normally say don’t waste the money on a protection plan, but if cheap enough I might get one in this case. Like if it was $50 or less.

I used to sell stuff like this many moons ago and the protection plans, while useful, were just a way for us sales guys to make a few more bucks, as people forget about them, or don’t use them at all for whatever reason.

Nowadays they just pop up automatically when you check out so the thought that the sales guy is benefiting anything from it goes away. So they aren’t just trying to raise a number or get a bonus. Back in the day we could sell the plans on computers and other stuff and get the bonus, raise the numbers and look great, even if the people got home and cancelled the plan a week later over the phone.

Guess how many plans I sold that came with a date and phone number to call on that date. ;)

Did you make a decision yet? Some of the negative reviews might get me to shy away from that one, but I usually balance that by reading the negative reviews of even the best tvs. Usually they are similar, and if so, I tend to ignore.

I normally say don’t waste the money on a protection plan, but if cheap enough I might get one in this case. Like if it was $50 or less.

I used to sell stuff like this many moons ago and the protection plans, while useful, were just a way for us sales guys to make a few more bucks, as people forget about them, or don’t use them at all for whatever reason.

Nowadays they just pop up automatically when you check out so the thought that the sales guy is benefiting anything from it goes away. So they aren’t just trying to raise a number or get a bonus. Back in the day we could sell the plans on computers and other stuff and get the bonus, raise the numbers and look great, even if the people got home and cancelled the plan a week later over the phone.

Guess how many plans I sold that came with a date and phone number to call on that date. ;)
No.... That's just the one on the top of the list I'm going to go play with. No I didn't read any reviews. I'll do that. What is your suggestion?

No.... That's just the one on the top of the list I'm going to go play with. No I didn't read any reviews. I'll do that. What is your suggestion?
TCL is the only brand I will buy. I've never bought one with the Google TV so I can't speak to that part. But you won't be unhappy with TCL.

Samsung’s have been our go to TV’s for years. (with YouTube TV)

Never have had any issues other than the one that got blown up by lightning. 😳

I might try the tcl brand. Our most recent tvs are a lg, Vizio and a Roku element. Of all of those the element is the one I probably wouldn’t suggest. It lives on the back of the garage year round and is a survivor, but from day 1 it has suffered from not strong enough backlighting.