• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoked my 1st ESG last night

So the word seems to be to let these sleep a little longer? I was going to pull one out next week on my vacay and revisit. Sounds like I not be awakeing them from their slumber, just yet that is... :)

anyone else with recent experience on the ESG Churchills?

I have 1 left in my humi and was wondering if it might be time to light one up or I shou;d let it sleep some more. Ist one was good but, felt it would benefit from a nap.

So the word seems to be to let these sleep a little longer? I was going to pull one out next week on my vacay and revisit. Sounds like I not be awakeing them from their slumber, just yet that is... :)

Sort of. The word on these is "God, the raw materials are so fantastic, and the VSG ERs of old were so incredible that I hope to hell these things snap out of it some point, and realize their potential. If not, the price is just insulting."

Sort of. The word on these is "God, the raw materials are so fantastic, and the VSG ERs of old were so incredible that I hope to hell these things snap out of it some point, and realize their potential. If not, the price is just insulting."

Moki...that's about the best way I've heard it said.

I had a chuchill last summer that was a terrible waste of money. 1st half inch was fine, but then it died on me. After relighting it was a job refusing to toss a $20+ cigar.

I complely agree, from all reports and some limited experience, this seems to be a terrible display of wasted talent. Like many others out there, i keep holding out hope that at some point these will turn the corner and our cost and wait will work out in our favor.

i was going through the humi looking for a special smoke and spotted the ESG hoping now might be the the time. Looks like i might as well keep the faith and hold on rather than miss the potential lightening in a bottle. Well BOTL's looks like this is a case where we just gotta keep the faith.

Grabbed a Bolivar Gold medal from the commie island and a dram of julio 1942 with a good friend, so all worked out well tonight.

Grabbed a Bolivar Gold medal from the commie island and a dram of julio 1942 with a good friend, so all worked out well tonight.

IMHO, the re-release of the BGMs has been a disappointment on par with the ESGs.

Time and prayer for them both.

IMHO, the re-release of the BGMs has been a disappointment on par with the ESGs.

Time and prayer for them both.

I've actually enjoyed the Churchills that I've had (about 5-6 of them). The only things that put me off are the price and all the negative comments. I found the robusto to be outstanding.

I've actually enjoyed the Churchills that I've had (about 5-6 of them). The only things that put me off are the price and all the negative comments. I found the robusto to be outstanding.

Try a VSG ER, and you will understand the high hopes we have for these suckers!

Try a VSG ER, and you will understand the high hopes we have for these suckers!

I haven't smoked one, but I do have a couple waiting to be burned. I've taken one out several times to burn, only to turn around and put er back to sleep. Not today, but someday........

Back