• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking a cigar in NYC

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I am going to be in NYC on Saturday afternoon and would like to know if there is still a place to smoke a cigar and have a cocktail. Anybody have any suggestions? Upper end place like the Oak Bar would be good.

Help please!

I think it'll have to be somewhere with a nice patio or rooftop, since you can't smoke indoors in nyc. Unless that rule doesn't apply to cigar lounges that don't serve food or liquor, I'm not sure.

I was just there and couldn't find a place. I was there for a wedding, dressed in a tux, so I just rented a carriage and had them pull me around the city until I finished my cigar. :)

Funny thing is the Phillip Morris building is excluded from these regulations, unless bloomber has cracked down on it since the last time I was there. It was a trade off to keep them there. But they have plans on moving back to VA so I think the ban is back in effect on the building but am not 100% sure.

But that was a thread jack, but this is what Google returned on the topic. Not sure if it is accurate or not.

Thanks,

Kro

Edited for spelling

Nat Sherman's Cigars (500 5th Avenue at 42nd St.) and I suspect Dunhills (711 Fifth Avenue) although I've never been to Dunhill's, only Nat Sherman's...

Edited Re: Having a cocktail...

At least I know you can smoke in these two places...I don't think Sherman's has any facility for having a drink, and don't know about Dunhill's but you might want to check it out...a lot of the NYC Cigar Bars have shut down on the cigar smoking part because of the new laws and all the fines...

Larry, I've been doing research on this for your visit. So far I have Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station on Vanderbilt Avenue and the Lexington Bar & Books on Lexington Avenue.

I remember a rooftop bar at what I think was either a Holiday Inn or Howard Johnsons hotel, somewhere in the vicinity of 47th between 8th and 11th avenues. I'm not sure on the exact location, however there can't be that many rooftop bars that are part of a hotel in that area.

This location can't be beat, since you're up quite a ways, and you have a great view of the Empire State Building. And since it's outside, I would think you can smoke there.

Shoot! I would have met up with you, but I am moving this weekend. Anyway, I haven't been to any cigar bars in manhattan in a few years, but here is a good start. Click on the LINKY.

Maybe next time. :thumbs:

Lexington Bar & Books...I have heard great things about that place. Very relaxing and a nice place to have a drink with your cigar.

Bloomberg sux.......

This is why I smoke in my parents backyard with my father....

Here is a pretty good cigar lounge to visit and sit and smoke..... they don't have a bar but you could bring a coffee or something.... I think Tone-ny visited this place also once.....

CIGAR INN
1314 FIRST AVENUE (@71 St), NEW YORK, NY 10021
Phone: (212) 717-7403

BkCloud114 said:
Bloomberg sux.......

This is why I smoke in my parents backyard with my father....

Here is a pretty good cigar lounge to visit and sit and smoke..... they don't have a bar but you could bring a coffee or something.... I think Tone-ny visited this place also once.....

CIGAR INN
1314 FIRST AVENUE (@71 St), NEW YORK, NY 10021
Phone: (212) 717-7403
[snapback]230364[/snapback]​

Yes I did go there followed your recommendation, but excluded because of the drink issue. Otherwise a great place, as usual a little pricey because of the location and NYC taxes on tobacco products.

The website for Club Macanudo looks pretty slick with a bunch of pics of some old NFL quarterback :laugh:. Lexington Bar and Books sounds interesting, I think the place we are having dinner is Sparks Steak House and we will probably try somewhere close to that, if anything is close of course.

golfgar said:
The website for Club Macanudo looks pretty slick with a bunch of pics of some old NFL quarterback :laugh:. Lexington Bar and Books sounds interesting, I think the place we are having dinner is Sparks Steak House and we will probably try somewhere close to that, if anything is close of course.
[snapback]230386[/snapback]​
Ah, Sparks Steak House! Did you know that is where John Gotti came to power? He had Paul Castellano rubbed out as he was getting out of his car for dinner. Cigar reference, Castellano had his trademark cigar with him when he got rubbed out. A liitle mob trivia for you out there in cyberspace.

No bar, but you can smoke while you shop at JR Cigars near Nat Sherman's.

If the weather's nice, you can find a place to sit and watch the most interesting parade in the world go by at one of several little parks, like at B'way and 34th. :thumbs:

If you are going to down by Little Italy there is a place you NEED to go to, It's called Florio's @ 192 Grand St..212-226-7610

Great food & a great place to smoke.

Wozol

P.S. Nice bar to.

wozol said:
If you are going to down by Little Italy there is a place you NEED to go to, It's called Florio's @ 192 Grand St..212-226-7610

Great food & a great place to smoke.

Wozol

P.S. Nice bar to.
[snapback]230501[/snapback]​

Great place!

Ok, we went to Lexington Bar and Books. Very nice place, waiteresses had red evening dresses with strands of pearls. Nice atmosphere, all the stuff needed for smoking a cigar and wide selection of nice scotches and bourbons. Plus some good looking dressed up patrons.

Campbell Apartment does not allow smoking anymore.

I don't think we got close enough to Little Italy, but I'm not really sure.

I'm glad you got to go to at least one place left in NYC that you can have a drink and a smoke. I hope people out there enjoy what they have as more and more cities and states are banning smoking inside.

Sorry that the outcome wasn't good for your team.

I just remembered a great place on 15th st about a block off Union Square call Revolution. The bartenders are great, it's got a great atmosphere, and they'll let you smoke just about anything you want. They have a patio in the back as well that's really nice in the summer.

Anthony, the Rams were close, if they would have scored on the first drive in the second half it would have been a 3 point game, but NOOOO they had to FUMBLE on a reverse inside the red zone.

The steaks at Sparks were good and the company was great, too bad we didn't have time to meet up, but the trip was pretty well programed from beginning to end.

Was in a elevator with Orlando Pace, offensive tackle for the Rams, not much space left over for anyone else. The line guys are simply BIG. I have a few pictures and will post them when I get time, nothing really great but some field shots anyway.