• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Ban In Cuba .............. WTF?

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
A friend of mine just got back from Cuba. They've banned smoking in all restaurants and bars!!!!

One of the Tobacco Meccas of the world, and you can't have a smoke and drink indoors!!!!

He did say that many establishments outside the larger centers are ignoring the law, but it's only a matter of time.

Lucky for them they can smoke outside any time they want. In Minneapolis, I can smoke outside 4 or 5 times a year :cool:

I was there in January and you could smoke in all the hotel bars... but I did read about the ban a while ago.

The ban has been in place for at least a year but I don't think it is really enforced, unless they are being more stringent in the last few months. I've had friends come back in the last few weeks and no comments regarding no smoking rules. In the all-inclusive resorts, most enclosed dining areas are no smoking.

I was just reading the latest Cigar Afficianado issue (Cuba cover issue) and I was under the impression by the article's author (perhaps Shanken?) that there were PLENTY of bars (maybe even restaurants) that still allow smoking in them. I'll have to reread this to see if it wasn't an overworked imagination that led me to believe this.

If it IS true, its as bad as it is in Ontario!!
Since when did the smokers become parriahs!?!?!

Darren

Interesting ban in Cuba, but Castro himself quit smoking cigars a while ago so you can somehow see this coming.