• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Cigars in the Winter

ItalianSmokes.com

How do you all cope with smoking cigars during the winter? I can't smoke inside, so I either have to pack up and head to a cigar bar (which tend to be expensive and the closest has a cutting fee) or suck it up and smoke in the bitter cold haha. Definitely looking forward to better weather!

Here in Cali, I don't have really adverse conditions to smoke in. If it is cold out, then I can always open the garage, pull the cars out and have a smoke in there. That shelters me from the elements (mostly rain). I usually pack up and head to the lounge though, I find that it's more relaxing and enjoyable if I have someone to smoke with, even if they are a complete stranger...

Detatched "man cave" aka wood/tool shop with a space heater and a tv :D
I'll have this when I actually own a house someday. For now, it's tough it out in the cold garage or go to the Lounge. I smoked all winter in Afghanistan holed up in a bunker for a little wind blocking warmth! :)

Attached garage that I have a table, chairs, fridge, and heater in.

The heater is just good enough to prevent hypothermia. :D

Working on making it a respectble man cave, while maintaining it's functionality as a Garage.

Just last Thursday I went to a buddies house and we sat on his front porch in a calm snowy 24deg while enjoying a cigar. Just bundle up better!

Detatched "man cave" aka wood/tool shop with a space heater and a tv :D
I'll have this when I actually own a house someday. For now, it's tough it out in the cold garage or go to the Lounge. I smoked all winter in Afghanistan holed up in a bunker for a little wind blocking warmth! :)
Been there, done that. I kind of miss the Rahimi House on Camp Eggers. As for now, I'm banished to the garage with a 20 year old kerosene space heater that doesn't work as well as it used to!

Cheers,

T

If I don't have any better options, I'll hop in the car and ride around for 45 minutes and smoke. However I usually go with one of the options already presented.

I have a local cigar friendly bar & grill where I can smoke. Of course I will spend $10 to $15 on beer and food but it's better than spending it on a cutting fee and I can bring my own sticks.

Yeah, a real problem. I live in California, but have been in DC since the first week of January on business. Had to just suck it up and go outside the hotel. Had a good Dominican though, so it was worth it.

I can't smoke indoors either because of my family's asthma. During the winter time my smoking gets cut in half :( Its so easy when its warm outside - I can just go out on my patio for a smoke. Once the temperature drops below 25 degrees, thats my cut off. Luckily, I have a B&M thats a short walk away from me so I go there when Im itching for a smoke.

In the garage bundled up, and with an electric blanket. Untill I got the electric blanket it would be pretty cold when it got into the 20's, but now no big deal (one of the best gifts that I have received - at least that I can remember).

Edited for grammer..

Being in NY the winter time can get pretty brutal. I usually don't smoke it if is under 30 degrees farenheit outside. I don't like smoking indoors, or in my garage, so I bundle up and head out into the cold. Sometimes I will smoke on the front porch of my house, other times I will head to the backyard patio. Occassionally I will light up the fire pit if I want to smoke a Churchill or Double Corona, but that is rare during the winter months. My wife recently got me an electric blanket to use on the front porch, but I've only used it twice to appease her. It works, but I just feel awkward with it bundled around my legs, plus my arse gets hot.

I was in the OBX for New Year's and there was a freak snowstorm. We were all on the floor of the screened-in porch (partial wall blocked the wind) covered up with space blankets (which, strangely, we had several of). Ridiculous. Good conversation and Macallan 12 warmed us up a little. What won't we do for a good smoke, right?

I smoke indoors. It only seems to annoy the ball and chain every 28 days or so. I just turn my hearing aid off. I ain't getting any anyway.

Doc.

"Winter" for me means 70 degrees or so. The problem we usually have in SoCal is smoking in the summer. Smoking in 100+ degree weather is always fun. That's why I usually schedule my traveling for the summer months...

I guess I am the odd ball. I've smoked cigars outside when the windchill has hit -40 degrees. I usually try to bundle up in my comforters sitting on this swing contraption my brother has outside. I've smoked cigars in blizzards. The cigars usually end up being a Opus X from teh CFCF boxes. If not that, a Anejo #48 or a Hemingway Maduro.

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0787.jpg

As you can see, I don't joke around. The conditions of me smoking a cigar is like the Post Office motto about delivering mail. :D