• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in Chicago with New Smoking Ban?

txraddoc

Hi Everyone,

I am traveling to Chicago for a conference tomorrow and will be there for a week. I am staying at the Wyndham hotel at 633 North St. Clair. I was just wondering if there was a nice place within walking distance to enjoy a cigar? I'd like to bring my own, but purchasing cigars at the shop would be an option as well.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Everyone,

I am traveling to Chicago for a conference tomorrow and will be there for a week. I am staying at the Wyndham hotel at 633 North St. Clair. I was just wondering if there was a nice place within walking distance to enjoy a cigar? I'd like to bring my own, but purchasing cigars at the shop would be an option as well.

Thanks for all your help.

It sucks in Illinois with the smoking ban - not much in the way of a smoking area, other than outside.

Nothing exactly right around the corner from you, but not a huge walk (.5 to 1.5 miles) are:

Hubbard State Cigar - www.hubbardstatecigar.com - (can't tell you much about 'em, but it is the closest to you and they do have a small smoking lounge)

Up Down Cigars - www.updowncigar.com - Been around a long time - very well known!

Jack Schwartz - www.jackschwartz.com - Been around a long time - very well known!

Iwen Ries - www.iwanries.com - (next closest) - Been around a long time - very well known!

All have a smoking lounge - but be prepared for sticker shock - Between the State of Illinois, Cook County and Chicago the sales taxes are some of the highest in the country...

Welcome to Chicago!

Like ggiese said, you are ~about~ equidistant to Updown, Iwan Ries and Jack Schwartz. Probably a 20-30 minute walk. Hubbard/State no longer allows indoor smoking due to the bitching restaurant next door (so don't go there for dinner.)

IW and JS are only open to 5 or 5:30, but Updown until 11 and BYOB.
All three have great staff and selection.

I should be at Updown at least once in the next few days, so let me know when and we can meet up for one...or three.

On my last trip to Chicago I visited Iwan Ries, Hubbard Street Cigars, and Jack Schartz. They were all nice, but I have to say my favorite was Jack Schwartz. Eric there made our visit very special and worth it all. Visit all of them if you can, but make an effort to get to Jack Schwartz.

Where are you coming into town?

:rolleyes: