• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So I pulled the trigger on a nose job...

They've undeviated my septum twice.  Not waking up with a sore throat from a long night of mouth breathing....Priceless.

get recovered and enjoy.

Now when people ask, "How's the air up there," you can answer honestly.

A shame that you are not 100% recovered yet so that you could fully experience the air quality effects of corned beef and cabbage.

Speedy Recovery, TP!  Cigars are going to be a whole new experience for you now!  

Speedy recovery brother!

I know most has been said by everyone but I wish and bet taste will improve multiple time.

I had a very similar surgery decades ago.

Three weeks later we went on a trip to china, and the dust and pollution were almost unbearable with those newly opened sinus cavities.

One thing that the Dr didn't tell me about but a friend who had similar surgery bought and sent me one is

http://www.ethicare.com/prodinfo.html

Scroll down to #1 AHUN

I have used this same product with first an adapter with a water-pik, then went thru a couple of the ethicare pumps, then another water-pik prior to a current model that I am now using.

IMO, the water-pik and adapter is better than their own pump - because of the pulsing effect of the water-pik.

You put a teaspoon of table salt in the tank of the water-pik and irrigate your sinuses. Have been using this off and on since 1992.

What happened to me, and I understand often happens after similar surgery - the sinuses which were clogged and are now open, start producing a _lot_ of mucous now as they are open and readily available to allergens. That then hardens, clogs up and you are miserable.

If your scenario is anything like mine, there was a good long while there before I got back on track and was glad I had the surgery done.

It's painful, somewhat slow healing, and then an even longer time adapting to the new situation.

You're gonna love being able to smell things, food will taste better, life will be better, you'll slowly start learning to breathe through your nose and only then will you realize how much you had been breathing through your mouth. 

Life will be markedly better, but it may take a while getting there.

What a baby. Four cups of blood indeed! That's a quart. If you ever saw a quart of blood on the ground you'd faint, especially if it was yours. :laugh:

Doc

Remarkable! I'm so glad you were able to finally have the operation to repair years of suffering. You will be so pleased with the results. I know personally how uncomfortable all of the packing is, you'll be amazed how much is up there when the ENT pulls it out, prepare for your eyes to water!! Take Care!

britishfields said:
Remarkable! I'm so glad you were able to finally have the operation to repair years of suffering. You will be so pleased with the results. I know personally how uncomfortable all of the packing is, you'll be amazed how much is up there when the ENT pulls it out, prepare for your eyes to water!! Take Care!

I'm counting the mins till tomorrow afternoon!

Thank you for the kind words.

Paul

Wait until you get a good snort of some fine tang!

Much better than even the finest cigar. ;)

grateful1 said:

That doesn't sound like something his sister/wife would let him do. :cool:

grateful1 said:

WOW!  I didnt expect someone to go that far!! :)  But I guess if it was going to be anyone, leave it to you Gary. :thumbs:

Gary I'm going to a bachelor party tonight and there will be a few strippers there I'll report back on how the new sniffer works... :thumbs:

I just wanted to let everyone know my excitement as they took all the stints splints and packing out of my nasal cavity yesterday. For the first time in 30 years I'm able to breathe freely through my nose and my sense of smell is so overpowering at times. When I was pumping gas right after having everything removed the smell of the gas was extremely overwhelming. I then went into a local sub shop to pick up a sandwich for lunch and when I walked in the smell of all the grilled peppers and onions being cooked was so strong it smelled so delicious it took everything I had to not scream out loud holy shit you smell that it smells so good.. Lol. All in all I'm still in shock I can't believe I waited 15+ years to get this done. Sadly it will be a few weeks before I can have a cigar however I find myself opening my humidor every hour and just taking a big sniff!

If you are like me and you were in need of this type of surgery and have been putting it off don't wait any longer it is well worth it don't get me wrong the past week has royally sucked. From sleeping sitting up to the extreme pain it's definitely the worst recovery I've ever had to deal with in such a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and all the input I really appreciate it smoke a cigar for me since I'm off for a little bit!

Paul

Your poor wife won't be able to slip out silent ones anymore, but she will get great joy out of giving you the Dutch oven now.

Tall Paul said:
Gary I'm going to a bachelor party tonight and there will be a few strippers there I'll report back on how the new sniffer works... :thumbs:

I just wanted to let everyone know my excitement as they took all the stints splints and packing out of my nasal cavity yesterday. For the first time in 30 years I'm able to breathe freely through my nose and my sense of smell is so overpowering at times. When I was pumping gas right after having everything removed the smell of the gas was extremely overwhelming. I then went into a local sub shop to pick up a sandwich for lunch and when I walked in the smell of all the grilled peppers and onions being cooked was so strong it smelled so delicious it took everything I had to not scream out loud holy shit you smell that it smells so good.. Lol. All in all I'm still in shock I can't believe I waited 15+ years to get this done. Sadly it will be a few weeks before I can have a cigar however I find myself opening my humidor every hour and just taking a big sniff!

If you are like me and you were in need of this type of surgery and have been putting it off don't wait any longer it is well worth it don't get me wrong the past week has royally sucked. From sleeping sitting up to the extreme pain it's definitely the worst recovery I've ever had to deal with in such a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and all the input I really appreciate it smoke a cigar for me since I'm off for a little bit!

Paul

Paul, that is excellent news!!

You just think you like cigars right now, but once you really taste them, you are going to LOVE them... :love:

I did that surgery 2 years ago too, and it was one of the best outcomes I've had. Even using my cpap machine was something I looked forward to using more frequently. After all the scabs in my sinuses were healed, I still do my sinus rinse at least daily, especially before going to bed after a cigar session. Here is what I use which doesn't require anything other than bottled or distilled water. 

neilmed_sinus_rinse.jpg

Glad to hear you don't mind some pain in order to better your life, Paul.  :thumbs: