• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So what's with all the hype

I sure have been hearing a lot about these Don Pepin Cigars. Obviously wyatt is a big fan judging by his signature.

any recommendations?

Oh to be you....your whole DPG experience ahead of you :)

Eric, for starters I'd grab some Tatuaje Regios and Noellas. After having those, you'll want to move on to the Reserva J21 and Cojonu 2003/2006. But I think the Regios and Noellas are a good yard stick to go by.

As far as the DPG labels, The Series JJ is fabulous, but I'm an even bigger Black Label fan...today.

Reason behind loving them so much? Well it's hard to say other than every single time I light a Tatuaje or DPG, I fall in love all over again :) Great construction....not an overly complicated profile...and an abundance of taste.

He truly is a Master Blender.

I sure have been hearing a lot about these Don Pepin Cigars. Obviously wyatt is a big fan judging by his signature.

any recommendations?
Smoke as many as you can before the twins arrive and you become a cigar ager rather than smoker.

well there goes my true lack of knowlege on cigars. I didn't realize the Tatuaje were made by Pepin. I have had some of those. Had one of the RC184 a while back, that was GOOOOD!!!

Eric, for starters I'd grab some Tatuaje Regios and Noellas. After having those, you'll want to move on to the Reserva J21 and Cojonu 2003/2006. But I think the Regios and Noellas are a good yard stick to go by.

As far as the DPG labels, The Series JJ is fabulous, but I'm an even bigger Black Label fan...today.

Reason behind loving them so much? Well it's hard to say other than every single time I light a Tatuaje or DPG, I fall in love all over again :) Great construction....not an overly complicated profile...and an abundance of taste.

Ditto on, "Oh to be you..."!! I am personally an addict of the Gran Cojonu. I am glad that they are so hard to get as I would probably be eating them for breakfast in my cereal. Enjoy anything by Don Pepin!! I have still yet to try the Black Label and am looking forward to it. :thumbs:

Ditto on, "Oh to be you..."!! I am personally an addict of the Gran Cojonu. I am glad that they are so hard to get as I would probably be eating them for breakfast in my cereal. Enjoy anything by Don Pepin!! I have still yet to try the Black Label and am looking forward to it. :thumbs:

Just smoked a Gran Cojonu over lunch today, and they are indeed one of my favorite Tats.

As others have said, Don Pepin gets around. There are multiple threads about his sticks here and there, but to start, his sticks are generally fuller-bodied. The Don Pepin Blue Labels are my favorites. The Serie JJ, which he came up with his son, are a bit tamer than the Blues, but similar. The Black Labels, IMO, even moreso. He also makes the Vegas Cubanas, and a whole string of sticks for B&M's here and there, like Leaf and Ale and Cigar King. From Cigar King, the Habana Leons are absolutely amazing. So are the Nacionales and the Sanctus. Then there's the 601s, which are really United Tobacco sticks that he has blended for them. The Red Labels in those are outstanding, as are the "new" Maduros. He is also behind the Padilla Miami and the Padilla Achilles.

There's really a huge amount to choose from and, as you do, you'll find you will definitely prefer some sticks over others. But finding out which ones those are along the way....damn...it's a pleasant journey. :thumbs:

There you go, Erick. You're another Pepin whore - you just didn't know it.

MiamiCubano put out a great list of cigars by Pepin.

I just wanted to put one more out there available at Cigar King

Havana Soul :love:

I agree the serie JJ is great but I must say lately the Black label has my full attention

I prefer the Blua and JJ for his own label. The Tatuaje is awesome and the padilla stuff he rolls aint too shabby either. I just hope he doesn't go by the industry standard of putting out great cigars, becoming over extended then throwing out crap to fill the shelves ala Gurkha.

Still, I would have to say that my favorite from the whole Pepin Clan is the Padilla 1932. It has the flavor profile that is typical of the Pepin lines but just much more refined. To me, the Pepin line cigars all have a "bite" to them. I am not so fond of "bite" in my cigars. The Padilla 1932 gives you the flavor of the Pepin line w/ out that "bite".

JMHO :D

well there goes my true lack of knowlege on cigars. I didn't realize the Tatuaje were made by Pepin. I have had some of those. Had one of the RC184 a while back, that was GOOOOD!!!

You crossed the line and didn't even know it. Ol' Don Pepin snuck up on ya just like the nic rush.

The JJ Serie is like this to me - Remeber those Atomic Warhead sour candies? If you survived the sour assault you were rewarded with a sweet chewy center. IMHO the JJ Serie hit hard flavor wise forthe first 1/4" or so and then ease back into one of the best sticks you can find. By standers can also tell you're smoking something special because they usually comment on how nice it smells.

I am seriously not that interested anymore on trying other lines, just hording Pepins.

One word of advice:

Do not smoke a Tat when it is really cold. They seem to lack any flavor when it is 20 degrees outside.

Had my first one in January outside and I was not impressed. Gave another a try at room temperature and it was much better. :)

But there aren't too many reviews on here for the Pepin-label cigars. I'd love to read a review on a Black Label.

Wyatt?

But there aren't too many reviews on here for the Pepin-label cigars. I'd love to read a review on a Black Label.

Wyatt?

Yeah sure, I'll put one on the plate for this weekend and write something up. I love an excuse to hammer down a Black Label :)

I have smoked all the Tat line and a lot of the DPG line as well. Unfortunately I've had many problems with the DPG line with the wrappers splitting. I love the smokes but seldom buy them any more due to that problem I have with the wrappers. Great smokes from my experiences so you can't go wrong with any of them. :thumbs: