• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some crazy guy poured hot chocolate down my back

Lumberg

Opus Lover
So I'm skateboarding across F street with the signal and some guy basically intentionally bumps me with his shoulder. I was kind of pushing so I was like whatever, didn't lose my balance or anything, and was just going to keep going, but he whips around and drenches me with his 7-11 hot chocolate. I'm like wtf?

We get into a shouting match. He's clearly mentally disturbed. He threatens to break my jaw, whatever. Some guy in a suit calls the cops, then says basically that he's crazy, just leave. Thankfully the voice of reason was heard and I left.

On the way to work my upper back starts to throb more and more and now I'm sorta a little more pissed than I was before, but also more calm too.

See the thing is, I just recently had this thought: people talk about being tough and fighting and everything, and I bought into it. Then I realized that society has evolved to the point that there are certain roles for people. I'm an intellecutual. My role is to think of things, program computers, whatever. If I run around trying to be all tough, that's taking away from more constructive things I can do in my life. The world has enough tough guys. There are police and soldiers there to protect me. I should concentrate on being excellent at what I'm naturally good at. I'm not naturally a fighter by any stretch.

Then this happens.

****in society.

Hindsight's 20-20.

I mean, I'm just trying to get to work. My mind is not it "fight-or-flight" mode.

But yeah. Need to brush up on the confrontation skills a little bit.

You should have filed a report against him and then sued. That's what everyone else does. :)

Actually, you probably could have sued 7-11 for making the hot chocolate so hot. Yeah, this society is pretty ****ed up.

Hey Lumpy, I think your kind of a wimp myself cause I would have socked the dude right in the mouth after getting hot chocolate poured on me and then get into a pissing contest with him..... :D :thumbs: :p :whistling:

I think one good whack with skateboard upside the noggin may learn him a thing or two.

However, in the end, although not quite as satisfying as my first option, what you did was probably best. Good job.

And think of it this way. A whole bunch of people probably saw this happen, and saw you on a skateboard, so your actions have helped to not reinforce the public's preconceived notions about those punks on skateboards!

People like that return as ants on an elementary school yard in another life. You did the right thing. :cool:

I've got to give you big props. I am way to confrotational of a person to have handled it like you did I would have ended up in jail for assault or something stupid like that. You handled the right way and seem to have the right attitude about it after the fact also which is just as important as how you handled it when it was going on. Big Big props.

Gonz said:
I think one good whack with skateboard upside the noggin may learn him a thing or two.

However, in the end, although not quite as satisfying as my first option, what you did was probably best. Good job.

And think of it this way. A whole bunch of people probably saw this happen, and saw you on a skateboard, so your actions have helped to not reinforce the public's preconceived notions about those punks on skateboards!
[snapback]183527[/snapback]​

Yeah I've seen enough skater fights to know that my skateboard isn't only a mode of transportation but an effective weapon, too. That's definitely what I would have used had it come to it.

In retrospect what I should have done is continued to engage him until cops arrived and get his ass arrested. Held him down if necessary. You shouldn't be allowed to go dumping hot chocolate on people and get away with it. Maybe he'd get some psychiatric help along with it, but the potential effectiveness of that is dubious.

Oh well thanks for the encouragement. It sucks but I will be more ready to throw down on the streets of DC from now on. I guess that's part of the price you pay for working in a city.

Also note, the area is chock full of security guards and Secret Service (though none seemed to be around at the time). I work in a strongly guarded section of DC.

marcsheldon said:
Lumberg said:
So I'm skateboarding

if this is how you start your monday morning commute to work, then you cant be suprised by anything.
[snapback]183537[/snapback]​

?

Would your answer be any different if I had said "So I'm riding my scooter?" How about jogging?

....you did the right thing, given the society we live in.

First thought would have been to try to return his "horizontal hold" control to the center position with a firm whack to the head. However, that's the "no win" scenario; you'd have been accused of "picking on a crazy guy" and probably sued by the ACLU for depriving him of his civil rights (note that your civil rights wouldn't have been a point of discussion.... :angry2: ).

So, yeah, have a gar and a whisky and let it go.....best move, long term.

Cheers - B.B.S.

dude (skater talk) you did the right thing. as long as you did not incur physical harm, best to walk away. Let the police deal with the trash and nutbags. for all you knwo the jerk is packin' and looking for an excuse to use it.

I would've just wailed on him and walked away. But that's just me I grew up in the South Bronx so I have a permenant attitude. My wife says I walk around with a scowl :angry: that intimidates everyone. Plus she says I stare people down. I guess I should work on that but I'm to old to change.

Bottom line you probably did the right thing.

Good job Lumby, although it would have been nice to at least have a report on the guy for use in future attacks that he might make. I hope he didn't get ya too bad with the chocolate,that had to hurt!

Where's Berney Ghetts when ya need him! ;)

JV

A waste of good Hot Chocolate. lol. Wait! Was this a big dopey lookin' kid with his shorts hangin' down around his ankles and saying "piping hot" and the like?

NA

Just whip it out and piss on his shoes, That will show him who's crazy!

Wish I could get along with people.

Brother Neal...I was thinkin' the same thing! ;)

Sorry for your luck, Lumberg! DC is a unique place. :whistling:

Floyd T. :sign:

SamClemmons said:
A waste of good Hot Chocolate. lol. Wait! Was this a big dopey lookin' kid with his shorts hangin' down around his ankles and saying "piping hot" and the like?

NA
[snapback]183570[/snapback]​
:laugh: :laugh: