• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some Tatuaje Help

Trent0341

Hey all,
Just looking to try some Tatuaje cigars. The problem is every review I seem to read is either negative or for super limited releases that are no longer available to commoners such as myself. I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some good Tats in the $8.00-$20.00 range. Thanks, Dan

My favorites are brown label Tatuaje Regios(robusto) & Tatuaje Unicos(belicoso).

Contact Uptown Isy or Mark from Tower...I'm sure they could help you out.

Try a couple of red or brown band and see what you like.

The reviews are those of the tester....not yours! ;)

Anything that says 'Reserva' or 'Cojonu' or 'Verocu' will be good. I like the Reserva J21 and 7th, Cojonu 2009, and Verocu #9 (from Holts) a LOT.

Only the Cojonu is over $12, and it's not even a full buck over.

~Boar

All brown and red label Tats are good. Pick your poison.

Doc.

Thanks for the help all... This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Maybe Ill be fast enough to catch some of these limited releases in the future but this will give me a good base to start with to see if I even like tats.

Edited to add: Placed an order for a Unicos, a J21, and a fiver of Regios. Should give me a good idea. Thanks again.

Tat browns are one of my favorite smokes. The Reds aren't bad but I don't like them as much as the Browns. The best Tat I've tried is the Reserva SW and it isn't all that expensive. Most of the members/retailers here at CP carry Tats and will treat you right!

Thanks for the help all... This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Maybe Ill be fast enough to catch some of these limited releases in the future but this will give me a good base to start with to see if I even like tats.

Don't get bowled over by the "limited release" hype. A few have been worth it, many of them haven't. I would take regular brown label over at least half the limited stuff Pete has put out. Especially the Noella.

My fave regular release is the Tat Havana VI Aristas... then again, I'm a sucker for a torpedo so that helps as well...

I've been out of the loop on most of his recent LR, but the best I've had was the Frank followed by the Maravilla....

Brown label Regios and Noellas, red label Nobles, Cabaiguan Guapo Juniors (natural).

I like a lot of the vitolas. In order:

Brown label Regios, Noella, Reserva J21, Cojonu 2003.

Red Label Angeles, Hermosos.

Pretty much any of the regular line brown labels are great smokes. The Cojonu 2003 is one of the "Reserva" smokes that I keep around....really nice.

Lastly, the little "Petite Cazador Reserva" is quickly becoming my favorite small smoke. What a little firecracker.....just wonderful...!!

I think Israel (Uptown_Isy) has most of these in stock, but there are a ton of great vendors that post here and should will treat you very well.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I ordered a fiver of the red label as well... If I like that as much as you guys seem to it'll be a box buy in the future.

Red labels are my favorite, mainly for the price/performance ratio. You can't go wrong with any red/brown label, though, imo.

Brown label Noellas are my favorite. I've smoked most of the brown labels and that one wins hands down. I hear great things about the Noella Reserva, but haven't smoked one myself yet.