• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some updates on my disappearance

Boogs34

Hey CP! It's been a while since I've actively posted on the forum although I have been reading and sporadically involved thanks to some great brothers on here, especially Jfields, who has kept me up to date on major news and bombing runs. During my absence, I was able to smoke only a handful of times, but my humidor has been maintained between 65-70 thanks to the beads and distilled water.

I've been very busy over the past year...last October I started a new job which is definitely busier than before. I moved into an apartment in Washington DC, making smoking a bit tougher than before. I also got a bad and extremely long bite of bronchitis (chronic cough) last winter that lasted over 2 months. I didn't miss work or anything serious, but smoking was impossible. I then began to study to take the GMATS for business school. After the application process this fall, I got into Columbia Business School. Not to say that I'm going to have a ton of free time in the coming months because I'm now studying for the CFA L1 exams in June. However, the stress levels are reduced, I have a bit more time on my hands, and will hopefully be lighting some more up despite the cold. I'm still deciding on my celebratory smoke (leaning towards RyJ LE Torpedo)!! I haven't smoked anything new and exciting (been sticking to old favorites) - worried to waste a great cigar on a palette that has lost some of its refine.

Also, I would like to update on the condition of my humidor - which has had me greatly upset. Yes, it holds humidity just fine. But this summer my little sister's dog bit the sides of the top of my humidor biting it up. There was no structural damage but I am still incensed every time I think about it because the good looking humidor is not just a box that holds cigars. I am probably going to wind up getting a Montegue End Table Humidor (based on what I've read here) but probably not until next year after the move to NYC.

Anyway, I felt an update was in order and a continued thank you to the community here, especially Rod, for making this such a great and open place.

Welcome back and congrats on your acceptance into Columbia. That is fantastic news indeed!

Welcome back! That dog would be in trouble in my house. Buy him or her some chew toys. ;)

Welcome back & congrats on the acceptance to B-School at the Big C. :) That CFA L1 is a real bear, but it makes 2 & 3 easier, so I've heard! ;)

Welcome back bro. Nice to hear from you again and good luck in school!