• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Special Occasion Cigars

TonyDogs

Banned
I have a section in my humidor that are my "special occasion cigars" ISOM,VSG, now an OPusX, and a couple of others I really really enjoy.

Here is the question

Do you need a special occasion to smoke them?

Or just smoking them creates a special occasion?

What are your thoughts?

Tonydogs ;)

Anything that i find enjoyable that costs more than 10 bucks a stick i consider a "special occasion" cigar....however, i find myself making up more and more special occasions lately. :sign:

While I might buy/save something for a certain day, pretty much any day I deem is a special occasion ;)

I just don't smoke them every day, but I don't save them for special days or anything. Whenever I feel like a fine smoke I have one, otherwise I smoke my everydays.

...some days call for a Fumas, some days call for a SigloVI....:cool:

A really great day at work, for example, may call for a really special PM smoke and beverage even it it's Tuesday. And, I'd go with the "..the smoke makes the event special..." train of thought there.

Regards - B.B.S.

had this discussion at work the other day, to me a special occasion is when i get an hour to just do what i want, which is usually have a cigar and play a round of tiger woods 2005 :D

yeah im 37 and play video games so what :p

anytime you can do something you enjoy AND smoke a cigar, THATS a special occasion :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

It's a special occasion every time I open the humidor! :laugh: I just go for whatever I'm in the mood for, whatever the occasion.

Another day above ground breathing oxygen is a special occasion! Fire them up anytime you want... I do! :cool:

Swissy said:
Another day above ground breathing oxygen is a special occasion! Fire them up anytime you want... I do! :cool:
[snapback]218302[/snapback]​

i second that!!!

BurningDoDo said:
Swissy said:
Another day above ground breathing oxygen is a special occasion! Fire them up anytime you want... I do!  :cool:
[snapback]218302[/snapback]​

i second that!!!
[snapback]218309[/snapback]​

Agreed, but on the other hand, there's nothing better than a good cigar with a good liqueur after a good dinner in good company.

I have a couple of particular cigars that I've been saving for a couple of particular occasions coming up soon. I have one cigar that I'm saving to smoke--probably outside if the weather is good--this pub in November.

Anticipation can be half the pleasure.