• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spending some Father / Son Time

countikon

I just had to post how much fun my step son and I had out on the shooting range this weekend. We went out with my .22 semi auto and my .22 single shot.

We started at the sillouette range and had a blast there. Then we decided to take on a bigger challenge. 150 yards, open sight, target: 6" metal disc.

The boy hit it twice in a row once and I hit it 4 times out of 10. We had a blast. If you want to have a good time with your kids, take em out to the shooting range and teach em how to shoot. Take your daughter out there too. I would have taken mine but she had a band thing to go to.

Cool...I had an uncle that taught me to shoot. It's something I've tried to pass on to my kids. Soon my grandchild will be old enough to go shooting with. :thumbs:

I take my sons to a nearby indoor range. I've got a Taurus 9mm but you can rent pretty much any type of weapon there and give it a try. Fun stuff, especially when we try out something powerful!

My oldest son (19) and I went through our Level II Pistolcraft class together. He shoots my Beretta 92SF in 9mm and I shoot a Glock 21. My two boys and I head over to the local indoor range at least once a month....good times.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I take my sons to a nearby indoor range. I've got a Taurus 9mm but you can rent pretty much any type of weapon there and give it a try. Fun stuff, especially when we try out something powerful!

I agree. Steve, my padre and I cleaned some guns out of the cabinet and saved up for a Smith 500. Makes alot of noise. It's a conversation piece on the range to. Usually starts with, "Holy crap!!". Good to meet new people into shooting.

Jason

I love teaching kids, and start with a BB-gun, before moving on up. Learn to eat what you kill... if they want to practise on targets, punch a hole in a soda cracker, tie a string to it, and hang it from a tree. Then shoot at it with the pellet gun. The broken crackers make great birdfeed. :)

Great topic. My kids are just getting to the age where I can introduce them to guns and the joy of a day in the field or at the range. Some of the best times I can remember are with my dad hunting and learning how to shoot.

I agree. Steve, my padre and I cleaned some guns out of the cabinet and saved up for a Smith 500. Makes alot of noise. It's a conversation piece on the range to. Usually starts with, "Holy crap!!". Good to meet new people into shooting.

Jasonu

Is there a big hole in ther berm when you shoot?

Jason

Heh you’d get along really well with my old man. He’s got a 50 Desert Eagle, Taurus Raging Bull 454 Causal, and a smith 500.

My daughter is getting a pellet gun for Chistmas or her birthday.

Looking foward to some target practice together.

Does all Americans have a gun... :0 ...because its how it looks like

Well unless things have changed in Switzerland every house hold is required to own a gun and ever adult male must know how to operate one incase they’ll be called to active duty to defend there country.

Girl? Gun? Girl with a gun? OMG! You're freaks!

Well unless things have changed in Switzerland every house hold is required to own a gun and ever adult male must know how to operate one incase they’ll be called to active duty to defend there country.
I must say I dont really understand that reason. Do they think that the Russians will come with Kalashnikows and atack their country? Do we live in the middle of XIX century? Defending the country, yeah, with a gun from the closet.

Ok, I undestand it as a hobby, but defending country sounds like a cheap excuse.

Girl? Gun? Girl with a gun? OMG! You're freaks!

I must say I dont really understand that reason. Do they think that the Russians will come with Kalashnikows and atack their country? Do we live in the middle of XIX century? Defending the country, yeah, with a gun from the closet.

Ok, I undestand it as a hobby, but defending country sounds like a cheap excuse.

Lol I think its one of those old laws that they just kept around for tradition sake.

Michel, I had a very terse reply all ready for you but the long and short of it is that you really should quit while you are ahead.

Many, many Americans, boys and girls, men and women, participate in many different types of shooting sports. Many folks, myself included, keep weapons at home for the defense of myself and my family.

Your comments can easily be understood as insulting. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was not your intent.

Regards - B.B.S.

For all the times my dad and I fought and argued with each other while I was growing up, some of the most memorable times were when we could go to the range together and squeeze off a few rounds. I am over 35 and we still go several times a year.

Fish

Back