• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stolen Picture

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Hey Moki,

Did you know your pic was taken off your website? Look here. At least make him give you credit for the photo. ;)

Slimboli is a good guy. I doubt he meant any offense. If moki wants him to take the pic down, I'm sure he will. Slim's been at Cf for a long time and I'm sure he wouldn't have done this to hurt anyone's feelings.

AVB said:
Hey Moki,

Did you know your pic was taken off your website? Look here. At least make him give you credit for the photo. ;)
Yeah, the guy is really getting bent out of shape over it.

I don't really think he gives a 'rats a~~' if I give him credit or not ... I don't see anywhere (and I have many times) where it say 'not to be used without permission ...'

SFG75 said:
(Never-mind this post, I'm not awake yet) :)
I was right in the middle of asking where that quote came from when you edited it away.

Your first quote attributed to me I was wondering about. From my email notice:

SFG75 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to
titled "Stolen Picture".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (AVB @ Aug 13 2004, 03:16 PM) The guys is really getting pissy
about it. Here's what he wrote the last time I checked

-----------------------------

Nowhere did I write anything about him getting pissy in this thread or over at Cbid so I was wondering where you came up with that?

AVB said:
Nowhere did I write anything about him getting pissy in this thread or over at Cbid so I was wondering where you came up with that?
Nah AVB-I mean to write that slim was the one getting a bit hot under the collar about being called on it. Somehow between the cutting and pasting, things got switched around from what I tried to say and it got mistakenly attributed to you. I've had that happen before-somehow emoticons get placed at the head of the text message and stuff like that. I've also had a lot of cases where I've clikced "paste" and somehow the cursor thought I was two or three sentences ahead of where I mean to post. Sorry about that AVB :D It's just a case of me not being smarter than the computer. :D :sign:

AVB said:
Hey Moki,

Did you know your pic was taken off your website?  Look here.  At least make him give you credit for the photo. ;)
Yeah, it's been happening a lot actually -- seen some of those pics on Yahoo too.

The guy has also stolen my description. Ah well, thanks for pointing it out, I won't make a federal case out of it, because I created that site to help people. Just wish people would ask permission first.

He should have asked permission but sometimes its hard to contact the person from where you got the pic. I know you can photoshop or use another editor and actually watermark your images. You can use a design or even your web address as the watermark. If they take the picture at least your watermark will credit you.

No doubt...Put your name in it or something. It's definitely not something to worry about, but if it occurs more and more then I'd suggest putting your name in your pics so other people won't get credit for them. :thumbs:

Back