• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stone Imperial Russian Stout 2009

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
Has anyone had the pleasure of enjoying Stone's 2009 IRS? How does it compare to last years?

2008 was the first year I tried and wasn't that impressed ... I've heard some say 2006 was their best year.

I'll tell you on may 5th. My neighbor bet me a case of irs that I couldnt stop smoking cigarettes for a year. I put my cigarettte out and it was game on.

I'll tell you on may 5th. My neighbor bet me a case of irs that I couldnt stop smoking cigarettes for a year. I put my cigarettte out and it was game on.
:thumbs: I hope you still intend to stay off after you get your case!

I am going to drink one this weekend and I will let you know. I tasted 04-08 last fall and the 04 was ridiculously good. 05-08 were good too but just not as good. :laugh:

The '08 is tasting great now. I will pack one for DLD. I've seen the '09, but haven't picked up any yet.

The '08 is tasting great now. I will pack one for DLD. I've seen the '09, but haven't picked up any yet.

I have an 04 I am planning to bring to DLD if I have room. :thumbs:

Those RISs really do shine a few years down the road. I had a batch I made in 03 that I just polished the last bottle off a month ago. Man do I wish I had aged the whole entire batch, or made 100 gallons of.

I have an 04 I am planning to bring to DLD if I have room. :thumbs:

damn you guys, just rub salt intothe wound.

well I bought a few bottles of the 2009. The local I went into had gauging prices for:
06 double bastard $15 / bottle
07 double bastard $12 / bottle
stone 12th anni $12 / bottle

wow I'm glad i still have a few of each.

I just picked up a few bottles of this from my local at $5 a pop. I may have to pick up more to put away to see how they age. :thumbs:

We're allegedly going to start getting Stone stuff here, so hopefully we'll get some IRS, but I'm not holding my breath.

We get all sorts of stone beers but the IRS just got here. I could pick some up for you if you want to trade. :)

We get all sorts of stone beers but the IRS just got here. I could pick some up for you if you want to trade. :)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just gonna grab some when I'm in Denver for GABF if it doesn't show up.