• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storage of deployed cigars

wenglo

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm currently located in Southern Afghanistan. One of my teamates just recieved about 200 cigars from his brother who generously bought them for us. They were sent to us in zip lock bags. Obviously it is going to take quite awhile for my team to utilize these cigars, but none of us brought a humidor with us and even if we did it would not hold all those cigars. What is the best way to store these cigars without them drying too quickly. Obviously I want to keep them in the bags, possibly inside a cooler if I can find one, but I was wondering if there are any other "ninja" tricks to keeping them from drying out. Would putting a damp paper towel in the bag with them help?

.50 cal or MK19 ammo can

T

I'd have to agree with Tim, .50 cal can or the like. You may want to go to the "Introduce Yourself Here" section of this forum and tell the S/BOTL a little bit about yourself and I'm sure you'll get a few more answers:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=34

Stay safe and welcome to Cigar Pass from West Point........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

To keep them humidified, I would go with Heartfelt Beads (Heartfelt Industries), if you can get distilled water there, or 65% RH Boveda Packs (Try any major vendor, or see if Cigar Solutions (RonC here on CP) ships overseas.

You can put them on MILAIR and send them up to me. I'll make sure they are properly stored.

But seriously... the ammo can and some beads is the best way out here.

you can get water from your motorpool, or aide station....that is what i did, and go with the beads, and keep them under your rack.

T

Thanks a lot everyone for your input. What exactly do you guys mean by beads?

Edit: Nevermind. I answered this myself after a quick google search.